You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Betrayal and Cristiano Ronaldo's World

EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
It is always a little sad when father time catches up with formerly-great footballers. And Ronaldo is no different.

One of his great assets was his speed. Another, acceleration. At 37, those powers wane. Doesn't make him slow-just that he can no longer better opponents via this method.

I read a lot of rubbish from employment law "experts". It might be possible to sack him for his latest outburst. But why take that risk?

He was free to go in the last transfer window if anyone was willing to give him the salary he demands (his base salary alone at Man Utd is over £26 million a year). No-one wanted him. He will be free to go in the next Transfer window. Unless he is willing to take a massive pay cut, or go to an irrelevant league, there will likely again be no takers. Then, in June 2023 his contract ends. And, as things stand, he is unemployed.

His best bet is to negotiate an end to his current contract. But, if that doesn't happen, Man Utd only have to pay his salary for another 7 months. And can fine him 2 weeks wages every time he comes out with this sort of entitled nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63619074

All I see is a man past his best, who is unwilling to be a team player as opposed to the player to build a team around that he once was. And tarnishing the legacy of what was one of the finest players ever to play the game.

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532

I agree with all of that Phil. Good post.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    I cant see him playing another game for United now.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

If I were advising Man Utd, he would be sitting on the Bench for so long his harris would be getting splinters. And coming on in the 95th minute. A lot :)
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    Essexphil said:

mumsie said:

If I were advising Man Utd, he would be sitting on the Bench for so long his harris would be getting splinters. And coming on in the 95th minute. A lot :)
    Cruel .....
  • Options
    goldon said:

Essexphil said:

mumsie said:

Cruel .....
    Cruel? If I'm paying someone £26 million a year, plus win bonuses, signing on fees etc, if he thinks I'm being cruel he would have 2 options:-

1. Sit there waiting for the crowd to boo him in the 95th minute; or
    2. Leave and stop taking the £2 milly+ a month he is being paid
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    They should dress him in Bear Costume call him " Ronaldo Bear " make him come on at half time running up & down the pitch too entertain the crowd singing......

The Bare Necessities of life will come to you.!
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
    Cristiano Ronaldo reveals he snubbed £305MILLION deal to play in Saudi Arabia - and insists other clubs DID want to sign him in the summer - as Man United star vows to continue playing until he's 40

Cristiano Ronaldo has confirmed that he rejected an offer to play in Saudi Arabia this summer which would have made the highest paid footballer in the world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11440923/Cristiano-Ronaldo-snubbed-305m-deal-play-Saudi-Arabia-rejected-offers-summer.html
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    His heids that big it's amazing that he can get out his front door in the morning.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
    Manchester United to sue Cristiano Ronaldo and ban him over interview.

Club allege breach of contract over comments in interview.

Ronaldo told not to return to training base after World Cup.

Manchester United have appointed lawyers to sue Cristiano Ronaldo for alleged breach of contract after claims made by the forward in a recent interview, with the club seeking a swift resolution to the issue.

It means Ronaldo will almost certainly never play for United again and it is understood the 37-year-old has been instructed not to return to the club’s Carrington training base after his participation with Portugal in the World Cup in Qatar.

When speaking to Piers Morgan on Talk TV Ronaldo made a series of allegations about United. These included that he is being forced out by the club, that senior executives lacked empathy after his new born son died in April, that the owners, the Glazer family, do not care about the club, and that the manager, Erik ten Hag, does not respect him.