You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

24Hours In Police Custody/ Setting Up Ruthless Honey Trap For Rolex Watches Which Were FAKE

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
edited March 2023 in The Rail
Viewers are left sickened after 'vile scumbag' who laughed as he raped two teenage girls yawns and falls asleep while being questioned on 24 Hours in Police Custody

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/03/23/9115587975870069690/636x382_MP4_9115587975870069690.mp4

In last night's episode of 24 Hours in Police Custody, Barry Price (pictured, main and inset), 23, who has a history of violence, was questioned over a string of offences that have left victims badly hurt, but he refused to give any answers. Without fresh evidence, the police has no choice but to release the suspect - but within days of leaving police custody, viewers learned that he arranged meet-ups with young girls before raping them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9393461/24-Hours-Police-Custody-Viewers-left-sickened-vile-scumbag-raped-two-young-girls.html

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807

I watched that last night. Sickening.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,518
    Tikay10 said:

I watched that last night. Sickening.

He was evil.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    If ever someone needed a bullet in the head it was this total piece of shite and I would've gladly done it.
    lucy4 said:

If ever someone needed a bullet in the head it was this total piece of shite and I would've gladly done it.

A custodial sentence could never rehabilitate him, he was just bad through & through.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    Good on the female officer who said to him that she's looking forward to meeting him again and when they did she won.
    lucy4 said:

Good on the female officer who said to him that she's looking forward to meeting him again and when they did she won.

There was a point when they seemed to think they didnt have enough evidence to charge him.
    I felt sick.
    lucy4 said:

I dont know if you saw this weeks episode.
    I found it shocking that stuff like that could go on in this country.

@HAYSIE

Yes, I saw it. Pretty scary stuff.

Quite surprised the Police did not find him for 5 years though, he was right on their doorstep.

It was all a bit weird though. For a fella that had been hiding in the woods for 5 years - literally - he looked remarkably clean, well kept, healthy & well-nourished. Asked about his 'phone, he said "I found it", which begged several more questions. I mean, he had zero money coming in, nothing at all. I can only assume he was a bit nifty with the old shoplifting.

That aside, yes, it was an awful story, & I'm sure a lot of that stuff goes on.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Quite surprised the Police did not find him for 5 years though, he was right on their doorstep.

It was all a bit weird though. For a fella that had been hiding in the woods for 5 years - literally - he looked remarkably clean, well kept, healthy & well-nourished. Asked about his 'phone, he said "I found it", which begged several more questions. I mean, he had zero money coming in, nothing at all. I can only assume he was a bit nifty with the old shoplifting.

Yes, I couldnt disagree with any of that.
    There didnt seem much urgency as far as the Police were concerned, bearing in mind that as far as they were concerned it was a murder case.
    It wasnt clear how long he was in possession of the phone, but it was fairly simple to track him down by tracing it.
    If I was nit picking, I would question the costs involved in sending an officer, and interpreter to Germany, just to confirm that his sister had spoken to him.
    The rental of a storage container for 5 years just to store irrelevant evidence.
    How many storage containers do the Police rent?
    Sending a forensic team back to the scene of the supposed crime years later in the hope of finding evidence that was likely to have disappeared.
    Why didnt they do the job properly when they thought the crime had been committed.

All in all I thought it was a horrible story.
    Just to think that he didnt feel that there was anywhere he could go for help is sad.
    Although he did seem to have coped well, he is likely to be scarred by the experience.
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

The one last week, episode 2, was a bit scary too.
    It probably showed how drugs turned a fairly reasonable bloke into a raving lunatic murderer.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

The one last week, episode 2, was a bit scary too.
    It probably showed how drugs turned a fairly reasonable bloke into a raving lunatic murderer.
    Attempted murder, fortunately.

I just watched last week's episode.
    I think it is too easy too blame it all on the drugs.
    He obviously had mental health problems too.
    It was very sad that he seems to have been let down by his family and the system from a very early age.
    Although obviously he is no saint, he appeared to have settled down a bit as he matured and had kids.
    Sad that he could not get the help he sought for his mental health issues and instead relied on cannabis, which led to the events of that night.

I hope he and his victim get the help they require.
    edited April 2021
    I think the chap in last week's episode needed & deserved some help & forgiveness.

Clearly he's gone down the wrong road in life, but he had a terrible upbringing, & I'm sure deep inside him is a good person.

Having said all that, if he had a gun & me & him fell out, I'd be super scared.

I seem to recall he got a super-massive sentence - over 30 years was it?
    22 years and 6 months, I think.
    And no mention of whether he will get any treatment.
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
    I just wonder from the comments that have been made , if you would stand by the same comments you have made if your own child or close family member had suffered directly from any of the above .

Because i have not been in that position , does not make it any less horrendous for the victims ,
    I can assure you the last thing i would be saying is i hope the perp gets the help he needs .

I'm sorry if you think i am being extreme but if you think i would say to one of my kids after being raped awww he has problems he needs help just like you do now ,

I would and will do what ever it takes to protect my kids before.... and after any event if the police cannot because of lack of evidence
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    HANSON said:

I just wonder from the comments that have been made , if you would stand by the same comments you have made if your own child or close family member had suffered directly from any of the above .

Because i have not been in that position , does not make it any less horrendous for the victims ,
    I can assure you the last thing i would be saying is i hope the perp gets the help he needs .

I'm sorry if you think i am being extreme but if you think i would say to one of my kids after being raped awww he has problems he needs help just like you do now ,

I would and will do what ever it takes to protect my kids before.... and after any event if the police cannot because of lack of evidence

I know what you mean.

I don't want to go into detail, but 1 of my kids was targeted by a prolific paedophile. The first I knew of it was when the police came to my house wanting to ask my child stuff. Subsequently, due to shall we say more productive targeting, and a big Court case, he is in jail for many, many years.

And I genuinely hope he gets help. Just like I am genuinely glad that he was in Custody before I knew what he had tried to do to 1 of mine. And had done to lots of other kids.
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 896
    im sry to hear that PHIL ..and ty for understanding where i was coming from .. i shall leave it there
    HANSON said:

Just for the record, in case it wasn't clear.

I was only talking about the episode last week and not the one in OP regarding the paedophile.

I can assure you my sympathy and concern in that case is entirely with the victims and families.
    Furious viewers of 24 Hours in Police Custody demand 'JUSTICE' after hero father who ran burglars off the road is jailed for 22 months... while the crooks are spared prison - as well-wishers launch GoFundMe page to help family
    Adam White jailed for 22 months for causing serious injury by dangerous driving
    Imprisoned for running them off the road while the crooks were spared prison
    White's story prompted fury from viewers who blasted the legal system
    Following the episode, White thanked viewers for their outpouring of support

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11481299/24-Hours-Police-Custody-Viewers-fury-man-chased-burglars-JAILED-crooks-spared-prison.html
    'My life was ruined when I chased criminals from my home and ended up in prison'

Adam White was jailed for running two criminals off the road after they tried to burgle his home and he chased them in his car

His wife Lindsay, who was six weeks pregnant when it happened, had an abortion while Adam is also being sued by the men

His story was featured in Channel 4 show 24 Hours in Police Custody, sparking an outpouring of sympathy from some viewers

Adam speaks to Yahoo News UK about the night it happened and how he has been left 'in tears' by the public response

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/24-hours-police-custody-adam-white-life-ruined-chased-criminals-home-jail-131014614.html