You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Will Putin mention Raid Shadow legends?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,569
So one thing I have noticed is that everywhere I go for entertainment or nearly everywhere I hear announcements from Raid Shadow legends. I watch a small youtuber raid shadow legends I play other games raid shadow legends.

This company must have spent over $1billion on advertising. and then constantly in the news I hear that Russia are spending huge amounts on the war and will run out of money.

Our country apparently is not doing to well either. Maybe in the new year we should take bets on which country will pause an important speech/ announcement to mention their sponsor raid shadow legends.

We will be able to tell who really is losing this fight by who announces raid shadow legends first.

So will Putin interrupt a military speech to mention raid shadow legends in 2023?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

For adult readers who, like me, were somewhat baffled by the term "Raid Shadow Legends" I've had a look on google & Wiki & it appears to be a children's online game.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Tikay10 said:

For adult readers who, like me, were somewhat baffled by the term "Raid Shadow Legends" I've had a look on google & Wiki & it appears to be a children's online game.

The Australian parent of the Israeli subsidiary tried to buy Playtech a little while ago. They do have interests in both Russia and Ukraine, so I'm guessing they will be keeping out of that one.

I think Putin sees himself as an action hero. Rather than the sad old peacock that he is. More Hulk Hogan than the Hulk.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,569
    Tikay10 said:

I have never played raid shadow legends, it is not a game I want to get into for a few reasons.
    1. I have a lot of stuff to focus on in my life and I just do not have the time to get proper hooked on another computer game.
    2. a lot of computer games are very pay to win these days, you can just not pay but you will never get far unless you do repetitive tasks repeatedly for months. with this game advertised everywhere if you watch quite a few youtube videos you will constantly see the adds for this. If you play other games you will see the adds for this. its actually a meme online because they sponsor and advertise so much. If they spend that much on advertising they are going to try and recoup the money and make a profit the game is free to download which means it is massively pay to win.

I did not know it was meant to be a childrens computer game I find that odd since some of the youtube content I watch is political and this is not something that would appeal to children so would seem wasted advertising. A lot of computer games are targeted at a wide audience they may say 12 and up or even 6 and up but they are targeting a wider audience and a lot of adults play.

considering I have never dived to much looking into raid shadow legends I cannot be sure if their target audience is exclusively children or people of all ages however I find the idea that this is a childrens game rather disturbing.

Whilst I am a full believer in liberty and peoples freedom to make their own choices in life I do still think certain rules are sensible. Eg allowing children to purchase drugs and alcohol is not something I would approve of.

These pay to win games are always done on a random draw eg you pay to draw x number of Charecters (usually called heros) usually 1 10 or 30 but different games have different mechanics for this. you then have various odds of getting certain tier charecters or heros eg 3* might be 70% 4* 25% and 5* 5% of course only five star are good long term and people will literally pay hundreds if not thousands of pounds a month to try and draw for those five stars the odds are usually much worse then my example above.

This is gambling it should not be peddled to children.