You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How to build from here?

ginge999ginge999 Member Posts: 95
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
im currently sat on £285 on my poker roll, im just wondering what would be the best way to build further? i started with £20 2 sundays ago. and drew out £30 because i got really skint lol.

cheers Tom

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010

By the sound of it - carry on doing exactly what you have been doing???

If it aint broke?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ah skyvegas made me that roll though on the 3 card poker lol. i usually just play poker but had a crack at that i was doing ok at the £5 HU. i ran bad then got out of them. what sort of stake should i be playing?
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2010
    I'm with Dohhhhhhh. Don't change a thing, you're doing fantastic as you are.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    You shouldn't u shud be a professional 3 card poker player !!

I dunno mate - If thats all you have for poker full stop - then others will reccomend some nitty bankroll strategies im sure.

But, if thats all I had personally, I'd play nl30 cash tables, knowing I have ten goes.

I also play HU sit n goes, wud play £5/10 games - and play the normal mtts - the open, the double-stacks and the 1k grtd and 9pm...

Also the velocity for some stress/concentration - free fun!

Wudnt enter the primo or bounty hunters tho.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    ok m8 thanks for the advise ive been in this spot many of times and always gone bust lol i get over confident
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited April 2010
    Sorry, just seen you post.

Keep away from Sky Vegas.... that is all.

Managed to spin a fiver up to ninety quid between Monday and Wednesday, the drunken Blackjack bites me on the arris yet again.

One of these days I will learn my **** lesson!!!!!!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    Hi ginge

The problem is, at some stage varience will take a hand and your bankroll will quickly disappear if you are not careful, the suggested level is use around 5% of you Bankroll, that way, if and when varience does get hold, you will be able to drop down a level or two until it turns round again, personally, I have just gone through 4 weeks of varience, imagine what that could do to your bankroll.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    thanks barry yea i know varience is a killer so playing £14 games should be fuine and if im losing i can drop
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: How to build from here?:
    Hi ginge The problem is, at some stage varience will take a hand and your bankroll will quickly disappear if you are not careful, the suggested level is use around 5% of you Bankroll, that way, if and when varience does get hold, you will be able to drop down a level or two until it turns round again, personally, I have just gone through 4 weeks of varience, imagine what that could do to your bankroll.
    Posted by acebarry10
    I agree with barry 5 or 10% max at all times if its going good the odd 20% dont get caught up in the wins as you can lose it quickly. I know ive been there but staying low and enjoying it ten fold.