You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

One in three cars made in Britain now electric as vehicle production slumps to 66-year low

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,423
    It's a car-azy old world: How range anxiety, a lack of chargers and soaring power costs have sent the electric vehicle revolution into reverse with warnings from experts the whole market is 'on thin ice'

How lack of chargers and soaring power costs have sent the electric vehicle revolution
    Heading to Blackpool to attend an awards ceremony, businesswoman Sophie Preston-Hall (top right) not only arrived late, but barely had time to get dressed. 'I've made the journey lots of times. From my home in Essex, it should have taken about four-and-a-half hours,' says the 49-year-old. Instead it took almost 12.' When she set off in her new electric car, she knew the BMW i3 would have to be re-charged en route. However, when the mother of one arrived at her carefully planned stop-off at a service station in the Midlands, all the electric chargers were either being used or were broken. After three more stops and hours of searching — and with only two miles-worth of charge left — she finally managed to plug in at a garage in Birmingham. She's not the only one let down by their electric car: earlier this month an angry TV presenter Helen Skelton posted (left) how she was stranded after running out of charge. Little wonder, then, that fears are growing that a shortage of charging points revealed this week, combined with rising living costs and surging energy prices, could put the brakes on the big switch to electric.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11681341/How-lack-chargers-soaring-power-costs-sent-electric-vehicle-revolution-reverse.html?ico=mol_desktop_home