You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

All in Sats

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,178
I don't think my settings have changed but there seem to be less all in Sats to some tournaments? Didn't see any for the Mega stack bounty hunter yesterday or tonight? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,775

@Brrrrrrr

I'm not really sure tbh Pete, but I'll take a look tomorrow morning when the lobbies spawn.
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 491
    I've never quite understood why people reg for these when they aren't rake-free and there's no skill edge, but each to their own.

Those Russian roulette HU games are a really strange thing to reg for.
    Brrrrrrr said:

I don't think my settings have changed but there seem to be less all in Sats to some tournaments? Didn't see any for the Mega stack bounty hunter yesterday or tonight? Apologies if I'm mistaken.

@Brrrrrrr

Morning Pete.

There are 4 All-In Sats priced at £1.20 to tonight's Mega (20.33, 20.38, 20.42 & 20.48) which I would have thought was enough.

More generally, Sky James curates the lobby regularly, removing Sats or MTT's that are not performing etc. It's possible there used to be more Mega Sats & James has pruned them as they are costing money & overlaying regularly.

@Brrrrrrr

I understand the All-In Sats to Mega have not changed, there are usually 4 & that remains the case going forward, including tonight.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    Tikay10 said:

@Brrrrrrr

I understand the All-In Sats to Mega have not changed, there are usually 4 & that remains the case going forward, including tonight. </blockquote

@Brrrrrrr
    Hi Pete......they were definitely there last night, as I'm sure ALAN @MAXALLY and KEITH @goldnballz will confirm, 'coz they usually enter them.

Sometimes they aren't put on the Tournament List until the afternoon, and always check that the 'Hide Sats' and 'Reg only' boxes under the Tournament List aren't ticked .....especially if you've done a 'Clear Browsing History and Cookies' clean-up on your computer :)

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Bean81 said:

I've never quite understood why people reg for these when they aren't rake-free and there's no skill edge, but each to their own.

Can’t agree….I play my best poker in the all ins….!
  • BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,178
    Thanks everyone, must be glitch on my part because there weren't any of the 4 All-In Sats priced at £1.20 to tonight's Mega (20.33, 20.38, 20.42 & 20.48) listed on my list of available tournaments.
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,147
    Brrrrrrr said:

Thanks everyone, must be glitch on my part because there weren't any of the 4 All-In Sats priced at £1.20 to tonight's Mega (20.33, 20.38, 20.42 & 20.48) listed on my list of available tournaments.

I don't know if you play SkyPoker thru Browser, or on download client, but it might be worth reinstalling it 'coz the all-in sat's to Mega Stack B H are defo there.....with just 3 players entered at present. There might be some value to be had :)

£1,000 Mega Stack All-in Sat
    Tournament Overview
    Blinds & Prize Structure
    Tables & Players
    InformationTournament ID: 37013643
    StatusRegisteringStart Date/Time20:33 - 27 JanCurrent Prize Pool£3.30Buyin + Fee£1.10 + £0.10Description1 SEAT GUARANTEED into the £1,000 Mega Stack Bounty Hunter at 8.45pm. All players are forced all-in. Winning players may enter the event during late reg.
    Chip Stacks
    StartingLargestSmallestAverage
    Rebuys and Addons
    RebuysnoneAddonsnone
    PlayersPlayers Registered: 3 / 1000
    Player Name
    Chips
    Rank
    Prize

JACKDAW 1000
    ILIKE2FISH 1000
    3265 1000
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    MISTY4ME said:

Brrrrrrr said:

I don't know if you play SkyPoker thru Browser, or on download client, but it might be worth reinstalling it 'coz the all-in sat's to Mega Stack B H are defo there.....with just 3 players entered at present. There might be some value to be had :)

£1,000 Mega Stack All-in Sat
    Tournament Overview
    Blinds & Prize Structure
    Tables & Players
    InformationTournament ID: 37013643
    StatusRegisteringStart Date/Time20:33 - 27 JanCurrent Prize Pool£3.30Buyin + Fee£1.10 + £0.10Description1 SEAT GUARANTEED into the £1,000 Mega Stack Bounty Hunter at 8.45pm. All players are forced all-in. Winning players may enter the event during late reg.
    Chip Stacks
    StartingLargestSmallestAverage
    Rebuys and Addons
    RebuysnoneAddonsnone
    PlayersPlayers Registered: 3 / 1000
    Player Name
    Chips
    Rank
    Prize

JACKDAW 1000
    ILIKE2FISH 1000
    3265 1000
    Hey donkey?( @MISTY4ME ) Are you Tikay in 🥸?
  • ILIKE2FISHILIKE2FISH Member Posts: 449
    Shame no more all in sattys for the 10pm BH and the 10:30pm Quickdraw.
    I know I asked about all in sattys for the £110 on Tuesday & Fridays but guess it was deemed as a no go :(

Would be nice for those that have a smaller bankroll and also less skill edge to get into the bigger mtts through the all in sattys.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    Bean81 said:

there are a few reasons as to why. Firstly when one person is close to a bonus/rakeback point or there is a promo they are close to this can be economical to do.

Eg you need 5 more points to hit a bonus level and this gives you that extra points. Or if you want to play bigger events but dont have the bankroll this can give you a shot of making that.

• Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 491
    edited January 2023
    Doubleme, I think you miss the two valid reasons for actively choosing a negative EV spot
    - Time saved. Playing a regular sat will impact your hourly by taking up table space
    - Positive expectation in the destination tournament. Players should approach with scepticism though: they are probably negative EV, given they don't have the bankroll to buy-in direct and will be playing well outside of their comfort zone if they reach the FT

Regging for a negative EV game to reach a rakeback bonus seems odd, unless it's close to midnight on Sunday or end of month. Would be better playing a DYM or few hands of micro cash.

Playing for leaderboard points (or similar) is a disaster.