You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Rake on SkyPoker should be reduced

TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
Time and again on this forum, players, many of them long standing and exceptionally loyal to this site, make reasonable requests and enquiries about the software and its various faults. For years each one has been 'kicked down the road' with promises of improvements which never come or shrugged at as 'nothing we can do.' Players finding workarounds to regular crashes, little features stop working and instead of being fixed we hear 'do you really need that?' and download software which sometimes can't even run off of latest third party software updates while setting off alarms on paid for anti virus software. And we all accept the line 'nothing can be done.'

Well something which can be done is rake on MTT/STTs reduced to at the most 8% and percentage rake taken from cash pots be reduced. This is better for recreational players while frankly being the right thing to do while the software is in its current state.

It boils down to this, if SkyPoker is not delivering an industry standard service they should charge less than industry standard rake.

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    While we would all love better software and lower rake, the reality is Sky has a minimum viable product and some of the most profitable games around.

In theory, your point makes sense. Lower rake to increase usage on a lower standard of software. In practice, you would not get any more players on the site. Sky doesn't have a monopoly either - if leading software is your number one requirement, you can get the same or lower raked games elsewhere on larger platforms.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Bean81 said:

While we would all love better software and lower rake, the reality is Sky has a minimum viable product and some of the most profitable games around.

In theory, your point makes sense. Lower rake to increase usage on a lower standard of software. In practice, you would not get any more players on the site. Sky doesn't have a monopoly either - if leading software is your number one requirement, you can get the same or lower raked games elsewhere on larger platforms.

Don't buy into this sky has the most terrible players BS... I have higher roi's on both stars and GG.

The rake has always been to high and does not even make sense. Like how can a turbo DYM be 10% and close to uneatable for other than rakeback and HUSNGs 5%

Im pretty sure the rake at lower stakes cash is extortinate but I dont play enough to know... id imagine spin ups would be unbeatable below £1/£2 / £2/£4 levels.

Some of the software glitches are whatever you get used to them but there are some genuine ones that were never fixed that genuinely can cost you money.

The final table reload glitch can cost you 1bb (does not seem like a lot) but in the turbo mains etc where you can be 5-20bb deep it is a huge amount of ev when x by the 50-100 times it may happen.

I have always been pro sky but I never understood the inability to fix things and charge a premium higher than others. But yeah dont buy into the BS that sky has the softest games around as ante games lead to people making huge mistakes by playing like a nit
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited February 2023
    You'd be surprised how quick the equilibrium would adjust and potential profits just don't really change anyway. That also goes both ways tho, and lower rake would probably mean house revenue stays the same, eventually, as more people can play the games. The bigger issue tho would be the quick dip in revenue and alarms going off in the corps board room causing them to do god knows what before we hit the equilibrium.

That said, spin ups 1.5/3 and below are very very borderline unbeatable just by the nature of the game. For instance at .50/1 if 2 players shove their 10bb and pot is approx £20 then £1 is taken out of the pot. You have to keep shoving, and calling shoves, and with equities running so close, and that constant churn of rake, I'm not sure it's even beatable by an A+ player on his A+ game. The same goes for DYMs.

MTTs are fine. There are many many players crushing MTTs on Sky for high ROIs.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,002
    edited February 2023
    Lots of sensible posts on this topic.

As has been suggested by various, the rake is higher than many rivals. Using Unibet as an example, the rake there is rather lower.

I think the problem is rather more important to STTs-particularly DYMs. The rake for as Sky TDYM is double that for a Sky Turbo STT. Which is odd.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

You'd be surprised how quick the equilibrium would adjust and potential profits just don't really change anyway. That also goes both ways tho, and lower rake would probably mean house revenue stays the same, eventually, as more people can play the games. The bigger issue tho would be the quick dip in revenue and alarms going off in the corps board room causing them to do god knows what before we hit the equilibrium.

That said, spin ups 1.5/3 and below are very very borderline unbeatable just by the nature of the game. For instance at .50/1 if 2 players shove their 10bb and pot is approx £20 then £1 is taken out of the pot. You have to keep shoving, and calling shoves, and with equities running so close, and that constant churn of rake, I'm not sure it's even beatable by an A+ player on his A+ game. The same goes for DYMs.

MTTs are fine. There are many many players crushing MTTs on Sky for high ROIs.

Interesting point about lower stake spins - have you done the math on it? With mostly soft tables I'd be surprised if they were almost unbeatable?
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    I'm not sure about 'unbeatable' but winning money at 10nl spins and 20nl spins is much harder than 50nl/100nl spins. 30nl spins is definitely beatable. 10nl spins feels close to being unbeatable. When I have grinded lower for promos in the past and sky still had the feature where you can see how much you are in for on the tables, the amount of times I was in for 30+ buy ins on the 5nl/10nl spin ups was astounding compared to higher. At best there is a little bit of profit left from rakeback at 10nl spins and under. Not worth playing.