You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Goodbye, Sky (in profit reg)

dontazemedontazeme Member Posts: 15
edited February 2023 in Poker Chat
A glance through the Sky forums shows many threads devoted to runbad. Runbad is standard in poker though, right? We all run behind EV at some point. Just take that ROI and accept the beats. Aged shill Tikay will tell you as much. And he knows, right?

If you've been a reg on Sky for any length of time you know something is wrong. Why do you play on Sky? With it's pathetic rakeback and greedy rake? Because there's a ton of fish. But that only makes sense if everything else is above board. Do you, fellow reg, feel that everything is kosher? If you do, then perhaps I'm just another loon on a rant. But you don't, do you?

I've played millions and millions of hands of poker. I'm in profit on Sky, a couple thousand last time I checked but might be slightly less. Since 2007 Sky is the only site that consistently puts me miles behind EV. "It's just variance, bro.". Maybe you're right. Just this one site has me run behind EV to nth % and everywhere else I'm just a luckbox over 15 years.

I should have paid attention when K Williams told me about the hole card cams in 2012 (because if they can do that, what else are they doing?). I didn't. I am/was a fool. Other regs: Get your money off. Or be in a position to make this same post in a year or two.

TLDR: Crazy conspiracy theory reg quits. Everyone laughs (sadly, to themselves).

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    As somebody that is many hundreds of pounds under AIEQ this year at 20nl-50nl, I understand your pain. I don't agree with you though. I ran 100BI below AIEQ back in the pre-solver days at 100nl on Stars. It happens and some of us are just unlucky, in the same way some people win the lottery. Key is ensuring your edge and bankroll is sufficient to handle those swings and be comfortable and resilient enough to step down in stakes to rebuild.

One thing you would be better served with focusing on is whether there is fair play going on from the players. On small, one nation sites like Sky with minimal security budget and tracking software blocked, the chances of player collusion and assistance tools going undetected are significantly higher than the Zoom pools. There's no accusations here, but you should stay vigilant and focus on making the best play you can in every spot.
  • Options
    IamAll_EnIamAll_En Member Posts: 45
    I agree with you completely. I'm dreadful at poker and in profit here. There's something fishy going on. The billionaire backers of Sky feel sorry for me and have give me an edge over everyone else. At the same time they've decided to punish you based on an act of randomness.

Just get better at poker.
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    waller02 said:

You've played a grand total of 386 games on Sky at an abi of £1.96.

Good grief. Playing freerolls and complaining about high rake and low rakeback seems inconsistent too...
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    If you've only played an average of 26 games a year since 2007 it sounds like we don't really have a big enough sample size to establish what your "correct" ev should be. Generally speaking a whining conspiracy theorist who wins and then decides to leave is a win for everyone concerned.
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    maybe a cash reg?
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    johnmonty said:

maybe a cash reg?

Yeah he's been a 20nl reg i think, definitely recognise the name.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    Ah, ok. Sounds like he may be a potential Problem Gambler. Definite case of entitlement tilt. Should definitely quit.
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 56
    waller02 said:

god dam MTT players think the world revolves around them so they do
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    ITSQUADSY said:

waller02 said:

god dam MTT players think the world revolves around them so they do
    Catch yourself on Elizabeth
  • Options
    freeatlastfreeatlast Member Posts: 1,449
    all these initals are confusing this small stakes player whats EV and AIEQ
    /
  • Options
    raggy94raggy94 Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2023

all these initals are confusing this small stakes player whats EV and AIEQ
    /

All In EQuity I think. And Expected Value.
  • Options
    freeatlastfreeatlast Member Posts: 1,449
    CHEERS