You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,326
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    Question: how long would it take Germany to conquer France?
    Answer: how long would it take Germany to walk across France?

Seriously, what do we need to protect the UK from, exactly?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,031
    Essexphil said:

Question: how long would it take Germany to conquer France?
    Answer: how long would it take Germany to walk across France?

Seriously, what do we need to protect the UK from, exactly?

Russia apparently........
    Isn't that why we're sending all our arms to Ukraine?
  • Options
    Sorry to break it to you. I appreciate you are our very own Russian sympathiser.

They don't look likely. But they seem less unlikely than anyone else at the moment. There is no-one else invading European countries.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Sorry to break it to you. I appreciate you are our very own Russian sympathiser. False

They don't look likely. But they seem less unlikely than anyone else at the moment. There is no-one else invading European countries.

But isn't this what our politicians have been telling us for a year?
    "Putin won't stop at Ukraine"
  • Options
    Not a Russian sympathiser?

You do know you have provided literally hundreds of posts on here attacking Ukraine and speaking in favour of Russia, right?

There are always 2 sides to every story. I don't believe it is as simple as "Ukraine good. Russia bad." But the simple fact remains that Russia has invaded another country for no good reason.

Unless Putin is prevented from advancing, he won't stop at Ukraine. But his next steps would logically be the Baltic States or Scandinavia. Not the UK.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Essexphil said:

Not a Russian sympathiser?

You do know you have provided literally hundreds of posts on here attacking Ukraine and speaking in favour of Russia, right?

There are always 2 sides to every story. I don't believe it is as simple as "Ukraine good. Russia bad." But the simple fact remains that Russia has invaded another country for no good reason.

Unless Putin is prevented from advancing, he won't stop at Ukraine. But his next steps would logically be the Baltic States or Scandinavia. Not the UK.

Does calling out NATO and the Wests' hypocrisy on invasions make me a Russian sympathiser?
    How many countries has "the west" invaded or forced regime change in the last 70 years?

Does providing a different view on the war, that the west has banned, make me a Russian sympathiser?
    As you correctly say there are 2 sides to every story but we are only allowed to see one side.

"No good reason"?

One of my early posts on the Ukraine thread about NATO expansion:

• Options
    Essexphil said:

Sorry to break it to you. I appreciate you are our very own Russian sympathiser.

So why does NATO even exist?