You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

2023 - £0.00 Challenge, Attempt #2. Bankroll Building.

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited February 2023 in Poker Chat
I would be the first say that the original challenge did not go quite as I expected
So back to give it another go.

Same approach, but dropping the Sky Bet, that got a little tedious. maybe will throw some in at some stage.
(already got my Rewards freeroll points for next week) but that's the way challenges go)

I'm sure most people can turn £££'s into nothing, But nothing into £££'s.
I am still sure anyone could do this is they put their mind to it. Next time you feel like depositing, try this instead.

Here is another all access Poker Challenge for 2023.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Free Bet seems like a good place to start.

Then onto the points freerolls.

• Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 208
    GL once more @coo1-um :p
  • Options
    A little spanner in the works is the issue of a £2.30 token today, didn't give receiving that any consideration, problem is if I don't use it, then I know I will inadvertently end up using it at some stage for a lessor value tournament, or sit n go. When you enter on mobile it uses the token to cover the cost without giving an option.

So tonight I will play a few micro sats, as not part of the challenge. Just the rewards freeroll today now for that. Then is all focus on the challenge.

Players should give this a go for themselves, times are not ideal for me, usually its reg at the last minute and play super aggressive for a few minutes and see if anything sticks, usually the game only lasts 2 or 3 hands.

Bankroll management is good, but if you are not planning to deposit then does it really matter? I don't worry about the balance once its over £5 or £6 then its back to the free games and £28p turbos.

Step 1
    is getting to 50 points each week, the rewards freeroll is key to whole challenge.
  • Options
    I guess Step 1 should be, starting capital.
    • Step 1, Establish starting capital. (feel free to deposit £5 and skip this stage if you have issues with time, playing the freerolls.
    • Step 2, Getting to 50 points each week, the rewards freeroll is key to whole challenge.

Step 1 complete. (Until it needs revisiting at least)

Current stage:
      Step 2, Consider the best way for you to get there, do you need a bigger starting stack, what games are you going to play. I would not even consider the balance amount at this stage, its just getting to the 50 points a week and hopefully the Rewards Freeroll will help get you started. My preference is the 28p Turbos, they are a real pain but bring in the points far quicker than low level cash, Priced out of tournaments at this stage.

Next stage:
      Step 3, £10 in the bank.

£1.34 won't go far with a few bad results but it will bring 50pts closer.
  • Options
    20 DYM's was enough for today, brought 14 wins with them for a £1.40 profit.

A £1 cash added from the Rewards Freeroll brings the balance up to £3.74 but more importantly the day is finished 20pts closer to the weekly target.

Someone must want to give this a try.
  • Options
    30 DYMs on Wednesday brought up the 50pts target.
    21 wins 9 losses saw a DYM profit of £2.10, add £2 from the rewards freeroll and it brings the balance up to £7.84.

Slight deviation from the plan as this pays for entry into the 3 SPT Micro to QTR games tonight.

If all goes wrong at least i will still be in profit, albeit 4p
  • Options
    min cashed in the first game for £2.40 and bubbled the 3rd.
    A 3rd place in the rewards freeroll added £60, from which an investment of £11 into the SPT qrt didn't last long. Got the one seat may as well have a last push for another.
    so into the 3 all in SPT games, not too though confident of the luck as last time i did it, i won 2 of them.

Que Sera Sera.

Balance after entries £41.44

Step 3 Complete.

Step 4 Low buy in tournaments up to £2.20 and some £2.2 DYMs. keeping balance over £20. key is to maintain weekly points.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

"A 3rd place in the rewards freeroll added £60",

BOOM, that eases the pressure.
  • Options
    No online play since the last post but time to retire this thread.
    Remember depositing in not the only option.

And keep an eye on those free bets.

Here is yesterdays, I remembered just as the players were coming onto the pitch.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

Any interesting poker cashes over the weekend?
  • Options
    Popped down to Brighton as it happens and had my biggest cash of the year. Not sure if that counts as this challenge, the first or neither.

Enjoyed the experience. Was found out in the end though.

Satellites are a great way for players to try and gain entry to these games. I am surprised more don’t play them.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    coo1-um said:

Popped down to Brighton as it happens and had my biggest cash of the year. Not sure if that counts as this challenge, the first or neither.

Enjoyed the experience. Was found out in the end though.

Satellites are a great way for players to try and gain entry to these games. I am surprised more don’t play them.

WELL DONE Colin ...... really pleased for you. It was such a shame i didn't manage to win a seat to Brighton, it would have been great to catch-up and have a chat ....... about all things Sheffield and The Owls too.

Hopefully we will both win seats to Manchester .....or VEGA$$$$$ B):)
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Well played at the SPT @coo1-um , was pleased to see that you ran deep and got a decent cash.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    I've got a feeling I was sat next to you. Were you in seat 1, table 1 when we were down to the final two tables?
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Well done dude clearly a formidable player another to add to my must avoid list ( 273 players at last count 😂).
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

I've got a feeling I was sat next to you. Were you in seat 1, table 1 when we were down to the final two tables?

No not me. However maybe I can place you. Presume you were seat 2 and not the dealer or seat 3 claiming this is close enough to be sat next to.

Question or Riddle if you like, in a hand where you had already folded, what was your most memorable moment of the weekend. 😆😂🤣
    You will know if you have the answer.