You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Broken Home.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,230
edited March 2023 in The Rail

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    edited March 2023
    Lot of people can associate with them at loosing their homes. ? taken from one bad boy given to another. hic!
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Let's forget these people are Royalty for a minute. And look at this as if they were your own family.

The previous head of the family firm has died. And her eldest Son has taken over the running of the family firm.

His youngest son used to work for the family firm. But then decided he didn't want to any more. Not only that, he has moved abroad, and spends most of his time slagging off the family firm.

His latest complaint is that his Dad is no longer letting him have free use of 1 of the family firm's multi-million pound properties. The 1 in the country he no longer lives in. Might even be expecting him to buy his own house, or pay for his own hotel stays, from the £millions he has earned publicly slagging off his father, brother, and family firm.

How entitled do you have to be to think that that is a bad thing?

I think that Harry and Meghan were guilty of massively overestimating the sympathy they would receive from the general public.
  • Options
    Is it time for the Nation to decide ( In Brexit type Vote ) to keep or end the Monarchy. !
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    goldon said:

Is it time for the Nation to decide ( In Brexit type Vote ) to keep or end the Monarchy. !

Absolutely NOT buddy, I have no love for the Royal Family but it would be yet another step in cancelling our history and our heritage. There's enough woke, snowflake, gen Z's trying to do that already.

• Options
    The Past History will always remain Charlie wants to slim down the Royals but needs to start with himself....... The Queen was the Scaffolding of this crumbling Monarchy if you wish to vote for this dysfunctional family then you would have the opportunity the same as those that wish it gone. just saying don't shot the messenger. fwiw
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited March 2023
    What about all the money from tourists that having The Monarchy brings into this country ?
  • Options
    Madame Tussauds
  • Options
    Big Ben, Saint Paul's, Westminster Abbey, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, River Thames. Buckingham Palace just hoist the flag they'll think their in. I'm really serious ..... wink!
  • Options
  • Options
    Australia about to file for Divorce from UK .

Kylie Minogue becomes latest star to decline offer to perform at King Charles' Coronation concert . "She should be so lucky."

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

What about all the money from tourists that having The Monarchy brings into this country ?

That assumes that they wouldnt come if we didnt have them.
  • Options
    Can anyone remember the time when the Government told us we will all get reduction in our Council & Income tax because it was such a great year for tourist coming to see Royal Family.
    Charles does not have the same stature or carisma that the Queen had and never will.
    The Loch Ness Monster bring in more.... hic!

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

How often have you been to Washington DC to visit the home of the President??
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

HAYSIE said:

MISTY4ME said:

How often have you been to Washington DC to visit the home of the President??
    How often do you go to Buckingham Palace?

Many people make the tourism point, but it would be very difficult to find out what percentage of the tourists would still come if we didnt have a Royal Family.
    I havent a clue, but there are many reasons to visit the UK besides the Royal Family.
    Do French people think that nobody would want to visit Paris, if they blew up the Eiffel Tower?

Loads of tourists include a visit to the Royal Residences as part of their holiday, but I am sure loads dont.