You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

ALL NEW PLO8 Midweek Bounty Hunter League, Week 1 complete

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
edited February 2023 in Competition Corner
Reserved For awards tables.. (Coming Soon)

Comments

• coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    edited February 2023
    Not to be confused with the Midweek PLO8 Bounty Hunter League, introducing the PLO8 Midweek Bounty Hunter league.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights only PLO8 Bounty Hunter league.
    17:30, 19:18 and 20:40 games only.

4 weekly league, best 3 of 4 weeks Count for the 'Quads' prize

The games you wish to score points in is your decision. Play it your Way.
    Pick any 3 games of the 9 weekly qualifying games.
    Default game choice is 1st 3 games

Point scoring.
    1st= 30pts
    2nd=26pts
    3rd =23pts
    4th = 20Pts
    5th =18 pts
    6th =16pts
    7th = 14pts
    8th = 12pts
    9th = 10pts
    10th = 8pts
    11th = 6pts
    12th = 5pts

Bonus points for Bounties.
    0 = 0pts
    1-2 =2pts
    3-5 =4pts
    6+ =6pts

Prize Distribution

'Quads' Prizes
    1st 3 x £5.50 Tournament Tokens
    2nd 1 x £5.50 Tournament Token
    3rd 1 x £5.50 Tournament Token

In the event of a tie over the 3 best week. The Tiebreaker will be as follows, and in order given as priority.

1. Highest 4th week score (None point scoring Week)
    2. Highest individual weekly score.
    3. Most Wins from league games only
    4. Most Final tables from league games only.
    5. Drawing of straws

Weekly Prize.
    1 x £5.50 Tournament Token for the highest scoring player in the week.

* if scores are tied the following will decide the weekly winner.
    a) Highest individual score
    b) 2nd Highest Individual score
    c) Public Vote
    edited February 2023
    Results for Season 1 Week 1

Week 1 Table

And the winner of the very first Weekly Golden Chip is @EmperorSex, Congratulations.
    This guarantee's you entry into 1no £5.50 Tournament of your choice.

• JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 203
    Great Work @coo1-um
    Could everyone who plays the league and see's this post in this thread if interested please - about a bigger nightly game - if enough interest I am sure we could get it done https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/188580/omaha-hl
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,806

Very posh, well done @coo1-um
  • DONN001DONN001 Member Posts: 702
    THANK YOU COO1-UM REALLY APPRECIATE YOU COMING BACK TO DO THIS I AM ALSO EATING MY SECOND ORANGE OF THE DAY
  • EmperorSexEmperorSex Member Posts: 71
    Nice to know this is back. I kind of like the old format frrom the other league.

Would it be possible to try a new format to make things more exiciting?
  • DarntootinDarntootin Member Posts: 1,515
    Hi Cool, I seem to be missing 2 points from my second game.
    edited February 2023
    let me address the points raised and my views.

Hi Cool, I seem to be missing 2 points from my second game.

Bollox, seems like a few have been missed, I will have a word with IT. Thanks for the feedback.
    JammyFker said:

Could everyone who plays the league and see's this post in this thread if interested please - about a bigger nightly game - if enough interest I am sure we could get it done https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/188580/omaha-hl

This has been tried before and failed, problem is I think it takes away numbers from the £5.50 game.
    Maybe the best thing to do is lobby for an £11 game on midweek and one at the weekend. I'm sure @Tikay10 can have a word with the suits. if you are worried about losing money on it put a £50 guarantee and min 5 players on it.

Nice to know this is back. I kind of like the old format from the other league.

Would it be possible to try a new format to make things more exciting?

frankly I don't understand what you mean by making things more exiting?

The PLO8 games attract few players, and of these, the numbers that play more than 10% of the games is very low. This league in its current format was developed with the 'average' player in mind so more would get a chance of winning. Surely if more players have a chance of winning the more exciting it is.

With regard to the old format, do you mean the prize structure (of which I have no control, thought my thoughts are I do not think that is what would have been originally offered)
    or do you mean the league structure, that clearly would not work for the majority, if less than 10 players were in with a chance of winning due mainly to volume.

Sure it could work a little better but not with the points structure detailed above, it would have to be on an average score basis (with could be abused by someone playing the minimum amount of games) or negative points for a played game with a non top 10% finish.
    or maybe its the fact that you won. feel free to copy and paste your winning chip onto sticky label paper and print out to wear, can't get that anywhere else here.

Happy to look at something new, if the right format is there I'm sure @Tikay10 will back it, even as different trials.

Truth is I don't think enough players are bothered.
    Updated table after week 1.

• EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267
    @coo1-um I'm in favour of the existing format, purely from a selfish point of view as I rarely get to play much and almost never at weekends, so the Tuesday to Thursday set up works for me, although based on recent results you could extend it to Fridays if you want!(Thin)
    Why is there no 20:40 game tonight?
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,267

Why is there no 20:40 game tonight?

I'm guessing that not enough entered to get it started, I registered 10 mins before the start and I was the only one.
    edited March 2023
    "I'm guessing that not enough entered to get it started, I registered 10 mins before the start and I was the only one."

@coo1-um So, will players be given the option to play an alternative game to score points in?

"I'm guessing that not enough entered to get it started, I registered 10 mins before the start and I was the only one.

"

@coo1-um So, will players be given the option to play an alternative game to score points in?

NO.
    Halfway though S1 of the new PLO8 MIdweek Bounty Hunter League.

Half way this is what the 'Quads' Table looks like

Final Weekly Table

And the winner of the Weekly Golden Chip is @teeeceee ceee, Congratulations.
    This guarantee's you entry into 1no £5.50 Tournament of your choice.