You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

‘Very serious questions to answer’ amid beef fraud investigation, says Labour

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,226

The investigation involves the review of about 1.3 million documents with products being sold to customers as “best British beef”, Farmers Weekly reported.

Shadow environment secretary Jim McMahon said in response: “We were told the lessons of the horsemeat scandal had been learnt, but unfortunately this investigation could cast that into doubt.

“There are clearly very serious questions to answer and it’s right that an urgent investigation is currently under way.”
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/very-serious-questions-to-answer-amid-beef-fraud-investigation-says-labour/ar-AA18qfNU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fa5d5112cb024e6a973c574723b14863&ei=29

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    Natural progression.

Beef is already the price of a small South American country...
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    edited March 2023
    I couldn't care less about the Country of Origin, Seriously like Wow.

I would guess that most meat eaters are like me and are not overly bothered tbh. I have to my knowledge eaten beef, horse, goat, rabbit, snake, pig, sheep, ostrich, antelope, venison, buffalo, bear, hedgehog, frog, alligator, and most bird and fish species available commercially.

It is highly possible given some of the locations that some of these may have contained or even been cat, rat or dog but, the point is, it was all delicious, with the exception of Alligator. Certainly edible and in the main very good nutrition.

The biggest factor is PRICE, then TASTE, then AVAILABILITY

Also why show sausages ? Everybody should know by now that the smallest constituent part of a sausage is the beef anyway and usually the left over trash and that's the same regardless of where it comes from. Now if you showed me a nice rib of beef that had wings and feathers and was labelled "Product of Chernobyl" then I might pay a little more attention.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    Hannibal Lecter set the benchmark for what's edible with Chianti.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    goldon said:

Hannibal Lecter set the benchmark for what's edible with Chianti.

I've disagreed because Lima/flava beans are yuck