You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horse Racing Fans - what is your view on this?

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Watched it a few times now. Very suspicious at 1st, but it is hard to know how much the jockey was affected by the 'not great' jump at the last.

As they say though......anyone can win in a two horse race.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,030
    MAXALLY said:

Watched it a few times now. Very suspicious at 1st, but it is hard to know how much the jockey was affected by the 'not great' jump at the last.

As they say though......anyone can win in a two horse race.

Except Spurs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYfoVwjnF4
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Looks extremely sus to me!
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
    Def looks suspicious, be surprised if does not get a ban but I have prob seen and heard worse over the years

Fallon comes to mind on the flat, we used to get some info from his "associates" many moons ago, most was good info
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I could have stayed on better than that and I say that having never ridden a horse in my life.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Dodgy jockey dodgy jockey...ad infatim
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited March 2023
    It doesn't look good from that angle..... but when you see the head-on, ( I don't know if you can get the head-on up @Tikay10 or anyone else ), you see the horse swerve badly to the left after the fence, and unfortunately Sean Quinlan (One of best jockeys in the North) is trying to push the horse forwards, becomes very unbalanced, and his momentum forces him to fall out of the side door.

i have ridden a horse in the (long-distant) past, and it's hard enough to stay on going in a straight line, never mind when they're swerving around.

If you remember last year (one of @HAYSIE 's posts iirc.).... Christophe Soumillon just nudged Rossa Ryan with his elbow, and Rossa fell out of the side door, at around 35mph......it doesn't take much to fall off.....even for Top Jockeys :#
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,039
    MISTY4ME said:

It doesn't look good from that angle..... but when you see the head-on, ( I don't know if you can get the head-on up @Tikay10 or anyone else ), you see the horse swerve badly to the left after the fence, and unfortunately Sean Quinlan (One of best jockeys in the North) is trying to push the horse forwards, becomes very unbalanced, and his momentum forces him to fall out of the side door.

i have ridden a horse in the (long-distant) past, and it's hard enough to stay on going in a straight line, never mind when they're swerving around.

If you remember last year (one of @HAYSIE 's posts iirc.).... Christophe Soumillon just nudged Rossa Ryan with his elbow, and Rossa fell out of the side door, at around 35mph......it doesn't take much to fall off.....even for Top Jockeys :#

Grey Skies wins at Sedgefield - Horse racing bet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP8lwYPp2r8

DRAMA! 2/9 favourite unseats jockey at the last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCa87raQDso
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

It wasnt brain surgery.
    youtube.com
    Search 2 horse race at Sedgefield.
    And VOILA (thats French)
  • Options
    Dramatic end to two-runner Sedgefield race as jockey falls off favourite after last fence
    Fingers were burnt after long odds-on favourite Telhimlisten lost rider Sean Quinlan after jumping the last fence when eight lengths clear of his only other rival at Sedgefield

Several fingers were burnt in the process with Betfair reporting that £14,000 was matched on the horse in running at 1.01.

Grey Skies, trained by Donald McCain, went on to claim an unlikely win under Theo Gillard, the winner having a total of £4.67 matched at 1000 (999-1) on Betfair.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/sedgefield-favourite-faller-sean-quinlan-29534875
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 206
    With a little VAR I have changed my mind - from this angle u can see the shift of weight and the horses line

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    MISTY4ME said:

As @madprof isn’t here, I’ll do what he would have and ask the question,
    Was it a shire horse @MISTY4ME ?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    pompeynic said:

MISTY4ME said:

As @madprof isn’t here, I’ll do what he would have and ask the question,
    Was it a shire horse @MISTY4ME ?
    It's probably a flat horse :)

He said, slimly ;)
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    My riding experience ( 3 hours on an elephant) tells me he had no chance.
  • Options
    spartathenspartathen Member Posts: 936
    Quoted as saying ,he went forward the horse went left.
    Absolute shambles of a card at sedgefield yesterday! Opener with two runners a couple more with just four runners.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    I'm not convinced even by the head on.

When motorcycling the bike often goes unexpectedly to one side, usually as a result of overbanding, drain covers, white lines or other assorted detritus. This very rarely causes the rider to fall out of the seat and we are usually going way faster than a horse, with feet on small pegs and a smaller centre of gravity.

Of course when we purposely get it out of shape whilst cornering that's really riding on the limit, black lines, rear tyre smoking, rider and machine in perfect harmony.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Surprised people still think its dodgy having seen the head-on view.

Definitely changed my mind, no fault of the jockey IMO