You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Online series

Super_MawsSuper_Maws Member Posts: 5
Hi,

Does sky poker run online tournaments series? I think I saw one a little while ago.

If so can you tell me the name of the series and approx dates?

Similar to how Stars run SCOOP and WCOOP etc

Comments

• MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Sky Poker do a UKOPS (United Kingdom Online Poker Series) festival every few months. usually Easter/Christmas and a few other dates.

Here is a link to the details of the last one last Xmas.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/uk-online-poker-series
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,080
    edited March 2023
    @Super_Maws

@MAXALLY is perfectly correct. There is usually one at Easter, so as the saying goes, "watch this space".

They also usually run one in late October/early November, plus the Xmas one MAXALLY mentioned.

I don't know for sure if all three will run this year, but I'd be very surprised if they don't.
  • Super_MawsSuper_Maws Member Posts: 5
    Tikay10 said:

@Super_Maws

@MAXALLY is perfectly correct. There is usually one at Easter, so as the saying goes, "watch this space".

They also usually run one in late October/early November, plus the Xmas one MAXALLY mentioned.

I don't know for sure if all three will run this year, but I'd be very surprised if they don't.

Thanks both :smile:

What is the best way to keep informed of upcoming promotions? Twitter, FB, Email etc?

Tikay10 said:

@Super_Maws

Thanks both :smile:

What is the best way to keep informed of upcoming promotions? Twitter, FB, Email etc?
    @Super_Maws

Just keep an eye on this Forum. Everything that happens with regard to Promos etc goes on here.
  • tomb1793tomb1793 Member Posts: 303
    @Super_Maws

And the promos page/tab. It's usually updated a few days before the end of each month with the following month's respective promo and is pretty user-friendly I'd say.
  • Humphrey43Humphrey43 Member Posts: 59
    As a response to this, will there ever be another mini UKOPS I've seen that it's happened in the last and I'm just wondering if there's a chance that it happens again

As a response to this, will there ever be another mini UKOPS I've seen that it's happened in the last and I'm just wondering if there's a chance that it happens again

@Humphrey43

I genuinely don't know. If I had to bet, I'd say no. Just a guess though. Financially, they don't really work, they don't drive the extra traffic needed to justify the enhanced guarantees. The "big" UKOPS attracts players from other sites who would not normally play here, but the Mini version does not do that.

Let's hope they give us a pleasant surprise & run them again at some point.
  • Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Tikay10 said:

@Humphrey43

I genuinely don't know. If I had to bet, I'd say no. Just a guess though. Financially, they don't really work, they don't drive the extra traffic needed to justify the enhanced guarantees. The "big" UKOPS attracts players from other sites who would not normally play here, but the Mini version does not do that.

@Tikay10 - do you know when the last mini UKOPS was held out of interest? Was trying to find it on the forum, and the last one I could find was November 2020
    Asho28 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Humphrey43

@Tikay10 - do you know when the last mini UKOPS was held out of interest? Was trying to find it on the forum, and the last one I could find was November 2020

@Asho28

I can't remember tbh, but November 2020 sounds about right.
  • MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    Tikay10 said:

@Humphrey43

Would it not be possible to run a mini ukops alongside the big ukops? Can still attract players for other sites and then mini events for players that want to play those.

Not sure if that is too much of a risk but happens at other places when they do low, med and high events on the same festival.
    MARK277 said:

Tikay10 said:

@Humphrey43

Would it not be possible to run a mini ukops alongside the big ukops? Can still attract players for other sites and then mini events for players that want to play those.

Not sure if that is too much of a risk but happens at other places when they do low, med and high events on the same festival.

@MARK277

Hi Mark,

It was always the case that the Mini UKOPS was run back to back with the big UKOPS, usually with a 1 or 2 week break in between. Even so, enhanced guarantees did not cover in many cases.

I don't think running a "High" & "Low" UKOPS at the same time would work, there are not enough players here imo.

• Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    is there an update for this?
    Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

As to the next UKOPS?

I've not heard anything, but I'd be surprised if there is not a Easter UKOPS.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

As to the next UKOPS?

There wasn't last year as the focus was on Vegas sats. No news this year and it's Easter next week. Any update?
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

As to the next UKOPS?

There wasn't last year as the focus was on Vegas sats. No news this year and it's Easter next week. Any update?
    @waller02

Same again this year as far as I know Ryan, they'll be focusing on Vegas Promos.

Am I dreaming, oi did you come 2nd in a Vegas Promo last year? Would have been cool if you had finished 1st & won a package.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

As to the next UKOPS?

@waller02

Same again this year as far as I know Ryan, they'll be focusing on Vegas Promos.

Am I dreaming, oi did you come 2nd in a Vegas Promo last year? Would have been cool if you had finished 1st & won a package.
    No comment