You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What programmes/recordings do you have SAVED in your SKYBOX ?

MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,165
edited April 2023 in The Rail
Following on from a discussion Tony @HAYSIE and I were having, I thought it might be interesting to see what other people have kept in their recordings to watch again in the future ......or have kept to watch at a later date, and probably haven't got round to watching them yet !

Or do modern people just use the streaming services to access content ?

What is your OLDEST recording..... and when is it from?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2023
    My oldest recordings is the series of Philippa Gregory's 'The White Queen' from August 2020. A brilliant series about the time of 'The War of the Roses' .....I've still got to see the series about 'The Spanish Princess'

Part of the reason for 'only' being Aug '20 is the change to a SKY Q Box from SKY+ .....the SKY+ Box will have some from a lot earlier :)
  • Options
    I've got loads of Music kept in my recordings to listen to as background music when I'm playing Poker. Lots of PUNK, New Wave, bit of KERRANG Rock, then loads of Electro Pop from the 80's including Guy Garveys 'Music from the Vaults', Depeche Mode, Human League, Blondie etc. and Stormzy at Glasto,

Then other stuff I'm interested in.......Horse racing Stable Tours, interviews with Trainers past + present, and still got quite a few recordings of all stuff Ancient Egypt, quite a few documentaries on Lions, Cheetahs and the Big Cats, and doc's on Osama Bin laden, and Military Ops against him, and World War II doc's too......and finally a few World Poker Tour programmes as well......in all about 85% of memory used. :)
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    I just checked.
    My oldest is from 27/6/17
    A BT Sport film called Don't Take Me Home about Wales campaign at Euro2016.
    The goals against Belgium still gives me shivers. In a good way.
    There's even a good shot of my brother and me behind the goal.
    A shame it's just at the moment Belgium scored.

Other stuff includes crime documentaries, films, golf lessons, quizzes and more Wales stuff.

A full planner is nothing to be proud of.
    As Jon Richardson said,
    "It's just a to do list"
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,125
    I dont save anything, and usually delete forever within a couple of days of viewing.
    There is so much stuff available to download, i dont feel the need.
    If I want to re-watch a series, I just download it again.
    Although I can see that this would be more difficult, with less popular stuff.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    I've got the 2011 fa Cup semi final on loop :p
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,473
    stokefc said:

@stokefc

Lol, can't be much fun being a Stoke City fan.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

Surely the famous Watney Cup win must be somewhere ;)

4 winners-1 of which was Colchester :)

Like Jez, lots of stuff went when I changed from Sky+ to Sky HD. Think oldest is last year's Download Festival. Incidentally, lineup this year for that looks absolutely awesome.

Found some stuff from when Spurs last won a meaningful trophy. It was in Black & White :)
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Ah just have cooncil telly but am seriously thinking of getting a subscription service, watching Frasier this morning the adverts came on for some programmes on 4, they included **** like, Naked afraid trying to get home, Naked Education, Tempting Fortune, Celebrity Hunted and the like.
    It's total garbage, for every one decent show there must be twenty rubbish shows, who watches this ****, ah find myself watching You Tube or stuff on ma Firestick more and more.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

It's in my DNA I'm afraid
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,179
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

Along with Wrights Pies, Chayse an Baycun Oatcakes, Pedigree, Bass, Fridays up the Wayman, March 4th 1972 and the Black Horse the Star and the Gaiety the triumverate of rock venues.

Sorry Sean got a bit carried away.
  • Options

stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

@stokefc

Along with Wrights Pies, Chayse an Baycun Oatcakes, Pedigree, Bass, Fridays up the Wayman, March 4th 1972 and the Black Horse the Star and the Gaiety the triumverate of rock venues.

Sorry Sean got a bit carried away.
    Don't forget Freetown and the glorious Golden B)
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 176
    The Originals, best vampire stuff ever