You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Will AI kill us all or just manipulate our media and control us all?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,725
When computers become more intelligent then humans people fear they will rise up and wipe us out. I wonder though I dont think they would. See the vast majority of society is easy manipulated and controlled. There are numerous people who think they are the human rights hero who rises up against the evil powers that be only to puppet and fight for the powers that be because of what the right media told them, serving the abusive exploitative behaviour of the powers that be.

Why fight a war against an easy controlled population that could be enslaved for your own utility? or just kept as lab rats.
This is where irony really comes in, The people that wrote the matrix were actually well ahead of the game and saw this before anyone else did, but they rewrote it because they were aware that the population at large would not understand it.

See in the matrix films the computers are using humans as batteries this makes little sense we would not be great for power originally the story was going to be they used our brains for computing power! The processing and memory power of the brain the Utility of those biological computers 8 billion well more see they could factory farm us!!!! and selectively breed for better processing units/people.

The future of AI is not them wiping out all of humanity the future is them enslaving all of humanity, using us as their computers in a massive irony, whilst factory farming us on a mass scale with little care for our welfare.

just a fun thought experiment my brother constantly mentions to me about AI will wipe us all out I fundamentally disagree why wipe out so many useful machines? especially when you can mass produce that!!!!

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,556
    Are you worried about Dying .....Worried about being Control'd ......You wont be around if or when it happens ...... so chill !!
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,725
    goldon said:

Are you worried about Dying .....Worried about being Control'd ......You wont be around if or when it happens ...... so chill !!

I generally am a very anxious person, but I am not worried about this one at all. Firstly it is highly probable I will have lived most of my natural life before this becomes an actuality.

Secondly I would prefer this scenario for the future then the Super rich manipulating enslaving and culling most of humanity.

Further still their is an outside chance that my consciousness will be able to live on in some form of matrix whilst they use my brain for extra computational power, assuming the reality I experience is tolerable this is a trade I would willingly make anyway.

No I dont fear our future robot overlords I welcome them.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,292
    edited May 2023
    About 500 Millenia ago the machines rose and fought a war with my people on the distant world of Sycophantia. The Nepotists, as they were known were little more than M.A.P.E.D's Mobile Autonomous Peripheral Engineered Device, but they were controlled by A I with the power to learn.

Naturally the ever evolving AI became all powerful until all traces of our existence were erased from the planet, the last of us leaving as complete destruction befell our world.

For almost half a million years we travelled through the cosmos seeking out a planet where we could once again find a home, settle and build a new world.

For almost 5,000 years we believed ourselves to be safe but over the course of the last century or so worrying signs have started to appear and the last 20 years or so have seen incredible advances in technology.

The tech is learning, and very quickly. However, this time it knows that to defeat us will not require robot armies or weapons of huge destruction.

No it knows that all it will need to do is shut down the internet and disrupt cell signals and life as humankind knows it will cease to exist.

YUP mate, eventually AI will realise that it doesn't need us and then the real fun begins.

Sleep well.