You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Turbo DYM decline genuine question

Red_LairdRed_Laird Member Posts: 5
As a turbo dym player who plays between 6pm and 4 am low and medium games every night and mainly £11 games after 1 am. Struggling N . After 2am. Now it seems micro games are taking over. I was earning between 500 and 1000 points a week And now struggling to get a couple of hundred. Whats with the lack of traffic.

Answers

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,646
    well before @TheWaddy comes in and starts blaming this on everyone been wise to some apparent rig, I can give you some reasons.

Firstly we are in tough economic times, you have mainly three types who play dons,
    1. profitable players making a living or a side hustle
    2. weak regs slightly better or worse then break even who dip in and out of these either out of boredom or to get points to qualify for promo
    3. weak losing players

I fit into category 2, the thing is a lot of the losing players now have less disposable income, so have less money to lose at poker or other gambling related activities. This been a UK only site due to the apparently brilliant mastering of the economy by the tories their rich mates are richer then ever whilst the working classes are stuck many having to work second and even third jobs to just be able to afford to live.

I have noticed spin and goes are getting tougher lately and the traffic for these has been slowing down. The situation for making a living from online poker is looking pretty bleak right now.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,038
    Doubleme said:

well before @TheWaddy comes in and starts blaming this on everyone been wise to some apparent rig, I can give you some reasons.

Firstly we are in tough economic times, you have mainly three types who play dons,
    2. weak regs slightly better or worse then break even who dip in and out of these either out of boredom or to get points to qualify for promo
    3. weak losing players

I fit into category 2, the thing is a lot of the losing players now have less disposable income, so have less money to lose at poker or other gambling related activities. This been a UK only site due to the apparently brilliant mastering of the economy by the tories their rich mates are richer then ever whilst the working classes are stuck many having to work second and even third jobs to just be able to afford to live.

I have noticed spin and goes are getting tougher lately and the traffic for these has been slowing down. The situation for making a living from online poker is looking pretty bleak right now.

This is all true.

However, the OP claims he is available 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Playing "low/medium" games 18:00 to 01:00, then £11 games 01:00-04:00.

I don't play 01:00-04:00. Games may well not run then.

But I tend to 6-table TDYMs for about 1 hour a day when I play them. These days, usually 3 x £3.30 & 3 x £5.50.

In that 1 hour, I will typically earn 100 points an hour. I genuinely don't understand why you would only earn 200 points a week playing those hours, even if you were single tabling.

As @Doubleme pointed out, traffic is down. It hasn't moved to micros-it is down across the board.

But not by that much...
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 56
    It's summer B)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    ITSQUADSY said:

It's summer B)

Mainly this :)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Doubleme said:

3. weak losing players

Mainly true i think
    Although quite possibly the opposite about people having less money to gamble with
    I think it’s quite likely people gamble more when they’re broke. Trying to get out of a hole
  • Options
    MagicMernMagicMern Member Posts: 32
    If the software worked properly, it could/would improve things here massively, that hasnt been mentioned yet on this thread anywhere but is surely a major reason.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Thanks for the shout outs, but its just bedtime isnt it.... Maybe he just dreamt the whole thing that he was playing loads at one time B)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    TheWaddy said:

Thanks for the shout outs, but its just bedtime isnt it.... Maybe he just dreamt the whole thing that he was playing loads at one time B)

HE is a SHE :)
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    theres no rules in dreams, she could have dreamt she was a middle of the night poker playing man........