You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Had wrong amount of chips showing at table!

TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
I got moved tables in the little old £20 omaha hi lo 14.45 MTT.... i had 800 chips left.... it then immediately moved me again.... and for 2 hands i had 8875 chips!

This was a first for me, i was bang up for it.... but then they went back down again on the 3rd hand of that table..... never seen anything like that before on any poker site.....

Comments

• Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 188
    You called me yesterday in a S&G with absolutely tosh and outdrew me with your disgrace of a hand! So any posts from you on here complaining about other players should be completely disregarded. I do not bother about losing small stakes, but you can'r have it both ways 'Waddy the station master'
  • Options
    Put it up....... not sure what this is to do with this post, but im pretty sure i didnt play you in a sit and go......
  • Options
    Why is there always cases of mistaken identity when it involves you!
  • Options
    techbaztechbaz Member Posts: 8
    would have been interesting to see if it let you actually make bets to 8000
  • Options
    yes i was thinking that, no idea what would have happened.... very odd.. 2 whole hands i had 8875
  • Options
    Can a Sky rep comment?
  • Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 188
    I didn't realise there was more than ONE player on this site with a duck like name. The one yesterday was a different Waddy and i suppose every Mallard has his day! :)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,281
    I'm not a Sky rep but I've had this glitch numerous times playing Sky MTTs. It's a quirk of the system.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    techbaz said:

would have been interesting to see if it let you actually make bets to 8000

It wouldn't. It's a display error. Server side he still had 800 chips.
  • Options
    SCOTFOX said:

I didn't realise there was more than ONE player on this site with a duck like name. The one yesterday was a different Waddy and i suppose every Mallard has his day! :)

This mallard does not play a disgrace of a hand ;);)B)
  • Options
    Enut said:

I'm not a Sky rep but I've had this glitch numerous times playing Sky MTTs. It's a quirk of the system.

Ive had no cards whilst it asking me my next action many times here, but never a different amount of chips... If you are saying you have seen it on numerous occasions, then i guess its not such a big thing as i thought... its certainly something new to me and something i have never seen in 20yrs online!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    It's the chip stack of whoever was sitting in the seat before you sat in it glich i think
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670
    TheWaddy said:

Can a Sky rep comment?

I have no idea of the problem, & it's the first time I've heard of it.

I'm certainly not a techie, but I'd bet good money it's a latency issue, & that it's the chips of the seat's previous occupant you could see as Stokey noted. If you had tried to perform an action, it would only have allowed you to use the 800 you really had.

PS - latency; the delay before a transfer of data begins following an instruction for its transfer.
    "poor performance due to network latency"

• Options
    I would imagine that was it.... thank u for your replies :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,670

A good example of computer latency in poker is when a player excitedly goes on Twitter, the Forum or whatever & everywhere else & says that the deck has two cards in it which are the same. (Two x 8 of Spades for example). And they DO appear to see it.

What they are actually seeing is the cards from their previous hand during their current hand & comparing it to the Board cards or other players cards in the current hand. This is quite a common thing.
  • Options
    techbaztechbaz Member Posts: 8
    a very plausible reason ^, (appears i'm more a techie than a poker player :-P ) good shout. sometimes you see the chips still sat on the table well into the next hand, will be similar