You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Challenge Cup Final. Like who saw that one coming.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,157
So the final will be contested between Leigh Leopards and Hull KR after nailbiting semi finals saw them dispose of Saint Helens and Wigan 12 - 10 and 11 - 10 respectively.

There will be many, The BBC included that will mourn the fact that they won't get to broadcast a "Classico" Final between Rugby Leagues bitterest rivals, but for me that's great news. The Final is traditionally attended by fans from many teams and the lack of "Big Guns" mean that the usual bandwaggon brigade will probably swerve the event.

Also it represents a sea change in the game as both these are performing well in the league, whilst Catalans can now be considered a major player and established sides like Warrington, Leeds and Castleford struggle. Salford and Hull are also much improved and none of this is bad for a sport which is greatly underexposed to the general public.

As for the final itself it's a tough one to call, but it will be one for the fans. So I suggest a comfy chair, some cold beers and just revel in the sight of 34 guys smashing the daylights out of each other in a spectacle of skill, power, aggression and toughness.

Head says, Hull K R, heart says Leigh, stomach says Hobgoblin IPA.

Comments

• Options
    spartathenspartathen Member Posts: 936
    Both finalists imo deserve their place in the final Leigh outstanding all season and their defensive display first forty against saints was magnificent.
    Perhaps semi final two the key moment was the deserved sending off but both great games.
    Think Leigh will win the final just all round stronger but hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    As a Hull FC fan, my head says Leigh. My heart says Leigh. My gonads say Leigh :)