You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SKY suffering technical issues?

luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
My DYM seems to be frozen

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    OK it eventually unfroze. 3 opponents were sat out and cruised to a cash. I assume this tourney will be cancelled? Completely unfair for the 3 who didnt get back in
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY suffering technical issues?:
    OK it eventually unfroze. 3 opponents were sat out and cruised to a cash. I assume this tourney will be cancelled? Completely unfair for the 3 who didnt get back in
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Call customer services or get on live chat to report it (links at bottom of page).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Done.

It doesnt sit well winning a tourney like that
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    Just had a SnG with a timer on drugs, five levels in ten minutes.  Not a happy bunny.  (It was a standard DYM).
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010
    Just had a SnG with a timer on drugs, five levels in ten minutes.  Not a happy bunny.  (It was a standard DYM).
    Posted by TommyD
    I cashed Tommy but it doesnt sit right. Blind jumps were a joke.  In touch with online support at the moment. First thing I was asked - 'hi there have you tried deleting your temp Internet files and restarting the PC?'

lol is my response
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY suffering technical issues? : I cashed Tommy but it doesnt sit right. Blind jumps were a joke.  In touch with online support at the moment. First thing I was asked - ' hi there have you tried deleting your temp Internet files and restarting the PC?' lol is my response
    Posted by phil12uk

Phil are you not aware that YOUR temp internet files could infact affect skypokers timers??! ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Posted by TommyD
    Tommy - report it - I just did and was told that my comments will be added to the report being sent to the "head of poker" at sky to review so the more of us that report it the better - it was game id 2567938
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SkyPoker

From many years of experience playing online poker there is one thing that kills site traffic.  Lack of communication.  We can take technical issues so long as you are pro-active.  There should be a note up on the home page now.  There should be a post in both the technical area and the general area (if it's only to say you are investigating the issue and that you are aware of a 'potential' problem).

We pay a significant rake through SkyPoker and this also represents a portal for people to pay SkyVegas, SkyBet and SkyBingo which are of course -EV for us and +ev for you.  We are loyal and are intelligent to know that site issues will happen from time to time.  What will lose you client churn is this blank wall when issues occur.  If I was to post an offensive and over the line rant here it would be deleted in half an hour and I would be chat banned.

We know you are out there watching.  Please treat us with the respect that our custom deserves.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    SkyPoker From many years of experience playing online poker there is one thing that kills site traffic.  Lack of communication.  We can take technical issues so long as you are pro-active.  There should be a note up on the home page now.  There should be a post in both the technical area and the general area (if it's only to say you are investigating the issue and that you are aware of a 'potential' problem). We pay a significant rake through SkyPoker and this also represents a portal for people to pay SkyVegas, SkyBet and SkyBingo which are of course -EV for us and +ev for you.  We are loyal and are intelligent to know that site issues will happen from time to time.  What will lose you client churn is this blank wall when issues occur.  If I was to post an offensive and over the line rant here it would be deleted in half an hour and I would be chat banned. We know you are out there watching.  Please treat us with the respect that our custom deserves. Thank you
    Posted by TommyD
    Make sure you email/report this to customer support and tell them about our dym Tommy! (That's what Sky Rich would say 8- />).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: SKY suffering technical issues? : Make sure you email/report this to customer support and tell them about our dym Tommy! (That's what Sky Rich would say 8- />).
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks Jingle.  I will do later on.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited April 2010
    I was also told that the issue is being looked at by the head of poker and I will receive an e mail.  I asked if it was an isolated case as I dont want to put MY money on the tables if there's a chance it will crash and I'll be out of pocket.  I was told that there were no other reported issues so my 15 minutes waiting in a queue must have meant players were just chatting to customer services rather than complaining! I won this DYM so am in profit from the game. HOWEVER, I know I would be extremely upset if I'd been knocked out before the final 3.  It's the principle as Sky is built on the community and we need to stick together (although it really shouldn't be like that).

I agree with Tommy....... a bit of openess from Sky would be nice.  I've been here since the start and don't like being 'spun a yarn'.  I'm gonna stay off the tables for a while today and hopefully the problems will get sorted by Primo time!!!
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Nice one TOMMY and PHIL like youve both said a bit of proper feedback put onto the forum to let players know of these issues B4 we invest our money would be nice.dav
  • Options
    Sky_BernieSky_Bernie Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2010
    Hi,

The issue has been reported to the technical team to investigate and resolve; once I know know the cause I will let you know. I have been checking / observing the STT's for the last 15 mins and everything looked fine...is anyone still experiencing these issues?

Kind regards,

Bernie
  • Options
    Sky_TechSky_Tech Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2010
    I am sorry to hear of the issues some people have been having on the site. We are investigating these with the information we so far. If it is still live or custoemr calls had been at a level that suggested a wide ranging issue then notifications would usually be put on the site.

So far I am working witht he details from this discussion. So if you have more table ID's, specific time and tournament info it would be very useful. We are contacting customer care to get all the posisble info from any customer calls - until they report back the more info the better.

Has anyone seen this issue recently? We have yet to recreate it in our testing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hi, The issue has been reported to the technical team to investigate and resolve; once I know know the cause I will let you know. I have been checking / observing the STT's for the last 15 mins and everything looked fine...is anyone still experiencing these issues? Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Bernie

Thank you very much for your message and for your work in this matter.
  • Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited April 2010
    Gremlins in the works in tourneys too.
    The 9.30 bounty-hunter. When we got down to 10 left, there was 4 on one table and 6 on the other for at least 4 hands. also we got a tourney break (5 mins) after 50 mins?????
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Update:

I've just been refunded for that dodgy DYM this morning so thanks to all Sky staff who helped in responding to the matter so quickly esp Gareth in online chat who I reported it to, Sky Bernie and all Sky technical and support staff.