You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What do you when someone in sit and go is sleeping long time (AWAY)

Do you carry on your normal game?

Comments

• Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    If its me you fold as I'll be cheating.

Anyone else dip your 🥪 😂
  • Options
    Angela124Angela124 Member Posts: 71
    Raise them out
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,664
    edited September 2023
    @Williams12

Ask yourself what your view would be if the positions are reversed. Would you think it fair if the opponent played crazy fast to steal the blinds in your absence, or would you think "nah, fair play to him, I'd do the same?"

I suppose it all depends how badly you want to win.

I look at the Table Chat every day, & I see adults squabbling, **** & swearing at each other over, say, a £1 or £2 MTT or DYM, even in £0.28p DYM's. Honestly, if winning 5 bob or a quid matters that much they should not be playing poker. It's stunning how exercised some players get over something so trivial.

I think the general rule amongst well-reasoned & sensible adults is give the opponent 5 or 10 minutes grace, & if they have not appeared by then, crack on.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,761
    you can slow plaY for a couple mins, then just return to normal if they not back, if they come back and tell you internet problems, you can always lose a few hands to equal chip stacks if you feel guilty ;)
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    I would more or less play a normal game maybe wait a bit
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,192
    The problem here, especially 6 max tables is that others will immediately start to steal the blinds of the away player or players. Once you get to a certain stage this leaves you with no option but to join in.

I have to have a very strong hand to raise it up as others will think you're stealing and call or reraise, usually with sub optimal hands.

What I love is when a player min raises to steal the blind, then another player just flats that bet, shoving over the top here with good hands puts them in a world of hurt.

As for the away seats, no different to being in and just folding everything. I'm never soft or slow playing. Disconnects and server issues are all part and parcel of online poker.