You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Summer has gone, so put on your feetwarming socks and play the Orfy, with added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,035
edited September 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, September Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on October 6th 2023

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:September 1st- Winner: goldnballz; League leader: goldnballz

Week 2: September 8th- Winner: fredsgirl; League leaders (joint) Asho28, daggers747

Week 3: September 15th- Winner: unregged player; League Leader: daggers747

Week 4: September 22nd- Winner: unregged player; League leader: HENDRIK62

Week 5: September 29th- Winner:Asho28: League Winner: Asho28; Runner-up: HENDRIK62

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 6th 2023
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 6th 2023

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday October 6th 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    This is Week 1 (of 5) so we are back at the start of yet another month, although we have another week to play our beloved Orfy and just maybe take one of the two prizes on offer.
    Our two prizewinners for August, @stokefc & @Asho28 , will both be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH, so please join me in wishing both of them the very best of luck. Enough of the spiel I hear you say, so with that I bring you the autoreg list and good luck to any who play tonight

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Good luck @Asho28
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is done with so only four more weeks until the monmth is over. For the third week in a row there were 33 starters, 16 being Orfy regged, and of those (16) 7 made it all the way to the FT.
    Hoping his team does not end the season in the same position that he finished in last night, @FLASHJONNY made a welcome reappearance on the FT, albeit finishing with the FT Wooden Spoon in 10th. He sits in 7th overall, well played Jonny.
    For the umpteenth time we have a FT family double this week with @fredsgirl taking 9th place last night, leaving her in 6th overall, well played Paula.
    We now jump two places up to 7th place, where @daggers747 finished last night, leaving him in 5th overall, well played daggers.
    One place higher in 6th @stokefc, last month's League Winner, was at it again, staking yet another claim for a prize as he has done on FIVE occasions already this year, where he had some stellar success with three FT's in the target tourney (inc. 1 win), well played Sean.
    Now we jump three places up to 3rd where @THECHIMP finished last night, always there or thereabout, he now sits in 3rd overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Last month's runner-up, @Asho28 was making his fourth 'consecutive' FT, albeit the run started in July Week 2, from his last four appearances, with a 2nd place finish last night, leaving him in 2nd overall, well played Ash.
    Finally, last night's Winner is also no stranger to these reports, completing the FT family double, congratulations (plus the bragging rights) go to our new League leader, @goldnballz. Very well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the League table after September Week 1

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 770
    edited September 2023
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is done with so only four more weeks until the monmth is over. For the third week in a row there were 33 starters, 16 being Orfy regged, and of those (16) 7 made it all the way to the FT.
    Hoping his team does not end the season in the same position that he finished in last night, @FLASHJONNY made a welcome reappearance on the FT, albeit finishing with the FT Wooden Spoon in 10th. He sits in 7th overall, well played Jonny.
    For the umpteenth time we have a FT family double this week with @fredsgirl taking 9th place last night, leaving her in 6th overall, well played Paula.
    We now jump two places up to 7th place, where @daggers747 finished last night, leaving him in 5th overall, well played daggers.
    One place higher in 6th @stokefc, last month's League Winner, was at it again, staking yet another claim for a prize as he has done on FIVE occasions already this year, where he had some stellar success with three FT's in the target tourney (inc. 1 win), well played Sean.
    Now we jump three places up to 3rd where @THECHIMP finished last night, always there or thereabout, he now sits in 3rd overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Last month's runner-up, @Asho28 was making his fourth 'consecutive' FT, albeit the run started in July Week 2, from his last four appearances, with a 2nd place finish last night, leaving him in 2nd overall, well played Ash.
    Finally, last night's Winner is also no stranger to these reports, completing the FT family double, congratulations (plus the bragging rights) go to our new League leader, @goldnballz. Very well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the League table after September Week 1

Cheers Andy, on a bit of an Orfy hot streak at the moment! No stopping @goldnballz last night though :lol:

On a side note, managed to cash the 9:30pm £11 BH last night and take a few heads from the free entry that I won in last month's Orfy. Nothing spectacular but a few extra quid from a forum competition free entry is definitely appreciated. Huge thanks for Sky to continuing to provide these prizes.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

Well done @Asho28 & great to see you back.
  • Options
    Well done @Asho28, ain't it great when you get something for free
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Played Ash
    Off the next two Fridays i'll be lying on a beach it'll give everybody else a chance i suppose B):p
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. As the end of the mini heatwave rapidly approaches (info available from theweatherchannel.com), so we move onto Week 2, of 5, in the search for the two plucky souls who will represent our tourney in different waters.
    As stated, we are in a 5x Friday month, meaning more chances to post two good scores and claim a prize for yourselves. With that I shall wish each and every one of you who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Good morning Orfy folk, it's tight at the top. We had 28 starters last night, 16 of whom are Orfy regged, and of those, 7 made the FT.
    Making his first FT, as well as his first appearance, this month, @Boxster took 6th place last night, well played Boxy.
    A first FT of the month went to @THEHERDEIE, who took the FT wooden spoon in 10th place, leaving him in 11th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Also making his first FT of the month, everyone's favourite Inspector, @gogogadget finished in 4th place last night, which moved him up the League by 7 places into 8th overall, well played Mr Gadget.
    Another with a first FT this month, @gibbzy finished one place higher in 3rd last night, which also helps him move 7 places up to 7th overall, well played gibbzy.
    Our first two-time FT'er this month is @fredsgirl, who, after her other half won last week, decided it was time she won again, so that is exactly what she did, and is now 3rd overall (with a score of 10), congratulations & very well played on your win Paula.
    As I stated at the start of this tome, it's tight at the top. After making their 2nd FTs of the month, @Asho28 & @daggers747 are sharing the top spot in the League as their records are identical after @Asho28 finished in 7th place and @daggers747 finished in 2nd place, leaving both on a score of 9. @Asho28 climbs one place and @daggers747 climbs 4 places to take the joint League lead, well played Ash, well played daggers.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week. Here is the updated League table after September Week 2

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Luckbox
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are all well. This is Week 3, the very middle of our five week month, and still two more weeks to play after this week. Whilst things are already taking shape at the top of the League, with two players locked together on a score of 9, there is still oodles of time for those scores to be beaten. Anyhoo, enough of the chit-chat, I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 is a wrap. There were 32 players trying their luck last night with just 14 being Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made the FT.
    Making his first Orfy appearance this month @Toffeeandy finished in 8th place last night, well played Andy.
    Also making his first Orfy appearance this month, @HENDRIK62 took 4th place last night, well played Neil.
    A first FT this month for @diamondlee, who finished in 6th place, helped him to climb the League by 8 places into 8th overall, well played Lee.
    Also with his first FT of the month, finishing in 3rd place last night, @bornablade climbs five places into 7th overall, well played blade.
    And finally this week, I made my first FT of the month, finishing in 9th place, which moved me up the League by five places into 5th overall.
    None of the top three made the FT last night but there has been some movement as @Asho28 falls to 2nd overall after his 18th place last night was worse than @daggers747 15th place, meaning @daggers747 is now League leader on his own, well palyed to both of you.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after September Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 4 (of 5) so a good run to the FT tonight could see you winning one of the two prizes on offer next week, should you either better your current score or repeat the feat of making the FT again.
    Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, there has been movement at the top of the league. Thirty players took their place on the start line last night, with 16 being Orfy regged and, of those, 7 made the FT.
    A first Orfy this month for @MAXALLY saw him pick up the FT wooden spoon as he finished in 10th place, well played Alan.
    A first FT of the month for @weecheez1, who finished in 5th place last night, leaving him in 16th overall, well played cheez.
    A second FT of the month for @THEHERDEIE saw him finish in 6th place last night, helping him climb five places into 9th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Also with a second FT of the month, @diamondlee moved up the league by a solitary place into 7th, after his 8th place last night, well played Lee.
    Another two-time FT'er was @bornablade who finished in 7th place last night, he also climbed one place into 6th overall, well played blade,
    On his second Orfy of the month @stokefc also made his second FT of the month by finishing in 3rd place last night (our highest placed finisher) and, climbed a huge thirteen places into 4th overall, on countback with a score of 9, well played Sean.
    Our top two from last week, @daggers747 & @Asho28 both fell a place into 2nd & 3rd respectively as we now have a new League Leader.
    Replicating his 4th place finish from last week @HENDRIK62 made his 2nd FT of the month, in just two appearances, to leap a mahoosive 19 places and take over the League lead with just one week to play, well played Neil.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League Table after September Week 4

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and raring to go. This is the final week of the month, so the prizes will be won tonight. With the top six in the League separated by a measly two points going in to tonight, any of them could take a prize. That does not mean that anyone lower than sixth place is unable to win a prize for themselves, as the lowest score at the moment is 8, followed by three more on 9 plus two on 10. There are more than a dozen players still in with a realistic chance of taking a prize tonight, so put your best poker hat on and take a prize. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the results are in and we have our winners for September. For what seems like the first time in ages we had 40 players taking their chance last night, with 18 being Orfy regged, and of those 6 made the FT. Before I make the report for last night, I can honestly say I have never seen a final League table which has been so close,
    i.e., aside from our winner, who scored 3, from 2nd place to 9th place are covered by just 3 points. Anyway, onto the report;
    Although making his third FT of the month with a 5th place last night, @THEHERDEIE remains in 9th overall on a score of 11, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Also on a score of 11 but one place higher in 8th overall (on countback) , after his 6 places climb, @goldnballz made his 2nd FT of the month and finished in 10th place last night, well played Keith.
    A third FT of the month, finishing in 3rd place last night, not only improved @diamondlee 's total score (9), it also improved his League position by three places up into 4th (on countback) place overall, well played Lee.
    Another with 3 FT's to his name this month, also on a score of 9, @daggers747 finished in 7th last night but fell a solitary place to 3rd overall, just missing out on a prize by one point, well played (& unlucky to miss out) daggers.
    Making his third consecutive FT with a 6th place last night, @HENDRIK62 did not improve on his total score of 8 but, after leading the Leadue for a week, falls to 2nd overall to take a prize this month, well played Neil.
    Our winner last night @Asho28 was also making his third FT of the month and ends it where he began it, at the top of the League. with a score of 3, Congratulations and very well played Ash.
    Our prizewinners @Asho28 & @HENDRIK62 will be automatically entered into next Friday (October 6th) nights' 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week. Here is the Final League table after September Week 5