You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Name your price

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451

The heavy rain following all that sunshine means our lawns are suddenly home to lots of slugs. We are bought up to love all living things, & most of us do, but slugs are tough to like.

Bit of an odd one this, but imagine you were asked to eat a live slug. You'd decline, obviously, but it's said that everything has a price.

So, how much would you need to be offered to eat one live? (Not cooked, has to be live).

Honestly, if I were offered £10,000,000 in cash I'd snap decline.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Any Frenchman would do it for a euro.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Do we have to chew?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,361
    edited September 2023
    Are we allowed to hold our nose ?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,600
    No amount of money would get me to eat this heres why.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/05/health/man-dies-after-eating-slug-on-dare/index.html

most things have a price, I would not say everything does. I cant spend money when I am dead and I cant understand it to enjoy it if I am brain damaged.

eating slugs risks both and therefore no amount of money would entice me to eat a slug.

I have for some reason had a dream multiple times where I am going to fight the heavy weight boxing champion of the world. I am a nobody in this dream and have basically zero chance in winning but if I step in the ring and fight I get £1million and so I am going for it for some reason entertaining the tiny chance I can win. See not even in my wildest dreams could I win the heavy weight fight. but in my dream in the wildest dream 9dream within dream maybe I could)
    anyway whenever I wake up I realize I would never go for this because it would likely kill me/give me brain damage.

Now if you come up with something utterly disgusting which has no chance of death or permanent damage to oneself. for £10million if it is limited to the unpleasant experience of a day sure why not because then I have the whole rest of my life to enjoy never having to worry about money ever again and to enjoy completely free.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    "To be a Boxer you have to take a Slug"
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Would have ate it for nothing if it was deep fried in batter :) .
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    Are we allowed salt and pepper for a bit of seasoning?

I remember reading about an American soldier in Vietnam who would eat literally anything to win a bet, he won quite a lot of money until he was dared to eat a little frog, he eat it, he died.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Enut said:

Are we allowed salt and pepper for a bit of seasoning?

I remember reading about an American soldier in Vietnam who would eat literally anything to win a bet, he won quite a lot of money until he was dared to eat a little frog, he eat it, he died.

...he croaked it would have been a much better ending to that ;)
  • Options
    He Croaked it.

I know an Old Lady that swallowed a Horse.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    goldon said:

He Croaked it.

I know an Old Lady that swallowed a Horse.

........did she have a Sore Throat afterwards ?

.....or was she just a little hoarse :)
  • Options
    Sadder than that she died after eating humble pie....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Doubleme said:

No amount of money would get me to eat this heres why.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/05/health/man-dies-after-eating-slug-on-dare/index.html

most things have a price, I would not say everything does. I cant spend money when I am dead and I cant understand it to enjoy it if I am brain damaged.

eating slugs risks both and therefore no amount of money would entice me to eat a slug.

I have for some reason had a dream multiple times where I am going to fight the heavy weight boxing champion of the world. I am a nobody in this dream and have basically zero chance in winning but if I step in the ring and fight I get £1million and so I am going for it for some reason entertaining the tiny chance I can win. See not even in my wildest dreams could I win the heavy weight fight. but in my dream in the wildest dream 9dream within dream maybe I could)
    anyway whenever I wake up I realize I would never go for this because it would likely kill me/give me brain damage.

Now if you come up with something utterly disgusting which has no chance of death or permanent damage to oneself. for £10million if it is limited to the unpleasant experience of a day sure why not because then I have the whole rest of my life to enjoy never having to worry about money ever again and to enjoy completely free.

Only you could take all the fun out of a prop bet.

Having eaten snails, picking them out of the shell with a pin, I would probably take this on for £2,000,000 Free S.P.T entry for life and a catering box of Freddos.