You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

XL Bully dogs

rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
There has been a lot of talk in the papers in the last few days about these type of dogs, ah was down town today waitin for the bus home, the stop is outside some shops, so this ersehole walkin toward us with one of these kinda dogs ( don't know if it was the exact same but it was a big powerful thing ), he decides to look in a shop but the dug keeps walkin and goes into the shop bye us , it's on one of these extended leads, so me and the wife are trapped against the shop windae with this lead.

Ah could feel the strength of the dog with the lead goin across ma legs , his wife tells him it's went into the shop and he replies " it will be fine ". so ah grab the lead and pull it as hard as ah could and the **** bounces off the glass doors of the shop and lets oot a squeal.

Ah didnae notice he was on crutches ( if he wasn't on crutches ah would have skelped him ) so his wife starts mouthin off about him havin some sort of injury, few choice words were said and off they went.

The thing is, should a **** with crutches be walkin the dog ?, and should these type of dogs be on an extended lead in a town centre ?, if the dog went for another dog or a wee wean he has no control over that dog, they should be on a harness and a short lead.

Rant over, goin for ma afternoon nap.

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Never had my Ozzie on a lead till now .... he would stand his ground against other dogs or run away.
    His bark was louder than his bite.
    Now he's on extended zip lead only because his hearing & eye sight going and he walks off with other people thinking it's me.
    Before the vet told me this I would be shouting for him and he would run in the opposite direction.
    The lead is controlled with button to any length giving him some freedom ... getting the harness on him is the struggle chase him round the house ... now hold treat in my hand keep him still as he's not lost when it comes to smelling food.
    " Man's best Friend " my best buddy.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    Most dogs are fine, when ah stayed with ma parents we always had dogs, with these strong dogs you need somebody who can control them if not they are danger.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    I have a 5 month old XL Bully. It takes all my strength to hold on to him and I am a relatively fit 16 stone man. My Mrs has had to stop walking him because he is too strong for her already and he isn't even half of his full size yet. Having one on an extendable lead or walking it while on crutches is madness. I've had all sorts of dogs before including Rottweilers Staff's and have an English bull terrier currently as well but my pup XL's power is on a different level they are absolute beasts and are very dangerous animals in the wrong hands.