You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I won a seat into the £55 satellite, but it was cancelled before we finished the £12 satellite

Hi,

I played the £12 SPT Mnchester Qtr tonight and won a seat into the £55 satellite sceduled for 21:45

The thing is, our satellite did not finish until 21:48, by which time the target satellite had been cancelled.

What happens now?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Morning @Capt_Pedro

I believe you will be credited, but if it's not in your account then let me know & I'll speak to the Poker Manager & get it sorted.

• Options
    Capt_PedroCapt_Pedro Member Posts: 12
    Tikay10 said:

Morning @Capt_Pedro

I believe you will be credited, but if it's not in your account then let me know & I'll speak to the Poker Manager & get it sorted.

Hi,

Not been credited so far. Thanks for your reply, can you ask the Poker Manager to sort it out?

Thanks again
  • Options

@Capt_Pedro

I most certainly will, though it will be tomorrow (Friday) morning now before I'm able to speak with him.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Capt_Pedro

I most certainly will, though it will be tomorrow (Friday) morning now before I'm able to speak with him.

That's no problem at all, I appreciate you helping.
  • Options
    __Assassin__Assassin Member Posts: 13
    It happened again tonight. This time there were about 10 people already registered and the £12 satellite finished before the £55 satellite was due to start so no idea why it got cancelled this time.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    edited September 2023

It happened again tonight. This time there were about 10 people already registered and the £12 satellite finished before the £55 satellite was due to start so no idea why it got cancelled this time.

The reason is simple.

People play the £12 qualifier (and the £6 ones)purely to try and win the £55 as cash, rather than as a £55 semifinal seat. In order to achieve this, they preregister for the £55 semi, in order to receive any wins as cash, and then deregister from the Tournament at the last minute.

Normally, I view this sort of thing as just part of poker. But on this particular occasion it is very damaging to Sky. People do not register pre, mistakenly believing that there will be no overlay, and/or that they can late register, as there are already enough runners.

And then the same bunch of people all deregister at the last possible moment. Causing the £55 tournament to not run. Most days.

Normally, I'm fine with Sats for Cash. But this is (IMHO) a step too far.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Essexphil said:

The reason is simple.

People play the £12 qualifier (and the £6 ones)purely to try and win the £55 as cash, rather than as a £55 semifinal seat. In order to achieve this, they preregister for the £55 semi, in order to receive any wins as cash, and then deregister from the Tournament at the last minute.

Normally, I view this sort of thing as just part of poker. But on this particular occasion it is very damaging to Sky. People do not register pre, mistakenly believing that there will be no overlay, and/or that they can late register, as there are already enough runners.

And then the same bunch of people all deregister at the last possible moment. Causing the £55 tournament to not run. Most days.

@Essexphil I hadn’t appreciated that. I’m accidentally guilty then as I deregistered last night when I thought I had a seat locked in as I wasn’t 100% sure if I’d automatically get a cash refund for the seat when the tournament started so I wanted to avoid having to remember to manually check. Ironically I pre-registered for the final to help ensure the minimum number would be reached and that it would run. I definitely wanted it to run as I only have limited opportunities to win a seat and I’ve already booked a hotel so am committed to coming. I need the seat to guarantee a seat on the day rather than risk ending up on an alternates list if it’s busy (I’ve got a long way to travel up and could easily hit M6 traffic).

The satellite finished ahead of the final so there were 4 people immediately. From what you are saying it seems everyone unregistered at the last minute which is annoying.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021

Essexphil said:

The reason is simple.

@Essexphil I hadn’t appreciated that. I’m accidentally guilty then as I deregistered last night when I thought I had a seat locked in as I wasn’t 100% sure if I’d automatically get a cash refund for the seat when the tournament started so I wanted to avoid having to remember to manually check. Ironically I pre-registered for the final to help ensure the minimum number would be reached and that it would run. I definitely wanted it to run as I only have limited opportunities to win a seat and I’ve already booked a hotel so am committed to coming. I need the seat to guarantee a seat on the day rather than risk ending up on an alternates list if it’s busy (I’ve got a long way to travel up and could easily hit M6 traffic).

The only thing I would say is that I thought the satellite finished ahead of the final so there were 4 people immediately. From what you are saying it seems everyone else unregistered at the last minute which is annoying.
    2 quick things to say here.

Firstly, there has to be balance here. There is nothing wrong with deregistering at the last minute. Could be all sorts of reasons for doing this. From desperately needing £55, to an unexpected commitment, to wanting to finish early because running bad. It is doing it every day that is the issue.

Secondly, the seat does not "guarantee the seat on the day"-seat qualifiers are treated exactly the same as people buying in. Important to bear in mind might be a queue to be seated on the Friday. Wise to arrive early. Almost inevitable will be a queue on the Saturday-very wise to arrive early.

See you there.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Morning @Capt_Pedro

Hi,

Not been credited so far. Thanks for your reply, can you ask the Poker Manager to sort it out?

Thanks again
    @Capt_Pedro

Morning.

I've spoken to the Poker Manager & he confirms you are due a £55 credit, however, it's unlikely to be processed today for various reasons. As an alternative, I could put you in the SPT Semi-Final on any night of your choosing at no cost. Let me know please.

Thanks.

• Options
    Thanks @Essexphil for the advice. I’m intending to arrive early to allow for possible traffic problems but I thought that my seat would be safe as long as I arrived by the start (which is a good compromise) but if I was late then I’d have to take my chances.

I’ll aim to arrive early but do I need to aim even earlier to avoid possibly missing out before the official start time?

Either way,I’ll be there. See you in Manchester!
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528

Thanks @Essexphil for the advice. I’m intending to arrive early to allow for possible traffic problems but I thought that my seat would be safe as long as I arrived by the start (which is a good compromise) but if I was late then I’d have to take my chances.

I’ll aim to arrive early but do I need to aim even earlier to avoid possibly missing out before the official start time?

Either way,I’ll be there. See you in Manchester!

Hope you dont miss him Mr Assassin ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning @Capt_Pedro

Hi,

Thanks again
    @Capt_Pedro

Morning.

I've spoken to the Poker Manager & he confirms you are due a £55 credit, however, it's unlikely to be processed today for various reasons. As an alternative, I could put you in the SPT Semi-Final on any night of your choosing at no cost. Let me know please.

Thanks.

I'm not sure which SPT SF I will play, so a credit will probably be best, then I can just buy in when the time is right. If that's okay?
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning @Capt_Pedro

Hi,

Thanks again
    @Capt_Pedro

Morning.

Thanks.

I'm not sure which SPT SF I will play, so a credit will probably be best, then I can just buy in when the time is right. If that's okay?
    Any idea when this will be processed?
  • Options

@Capt_Pedro

Hi,

Yes, a credit is completely fine. I'll speak to James in the morning & I'm sure he'll process it straight away, so fingers crossed it will be in your account some time tomorrow (Tuesday).

I'll update you in the morning to confirm it's been processed.
  • Options

@Capt_Pedro

Morning.

That £55 cash credit has been authorised this morning & the repayment process has started, so it should be safely nestled in your account some time today, may even be there already.
  • Options

@Capt_Pedro

That £55 has now been credited so should be in your account.

Sorry about the delay.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Capt_Pedro

That £55 has now been credited so should be in your account.

Sorry about the delay.

Received, many thanks.

I'll possibly play tonight...looking forward to a good tourney at 235
  • Options
    PhDPhD Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    I won a £55 on 31st August ... the £55 was cancelled. I contacted support several time, they keep saying the waiting to hear from the poker manager. more than 16 days nothing been done!

• Options

@PhD

Let us know what night you'd like to play the SPT Semi Final & we'll get it sorted.