You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mucked Hands

LeoBooBooLeoBooBoo Member Posts: 7
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else notice that some mucked hands on a losing hand are being shown to the table.  I called Sky helpline and was told that it was my browser that was causing the problem.  Google Chrome and Safari were apparently not compatible with Sky Poker.  I find this weird as both these browsers are two of the best around.  Anyone else have this problem?  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks, Morag

Comments

• Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2010
    are you sure they are being mucked??

as some people choose to show there hands even when losing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Mucked Hands:
    are you sure they are being mucked?? as some people choose to show there hands even when losing.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Definitely, I've got mine set up to be mucked on losing hands....and occasionally they are being shown.  I appreciate they are shown when you lose on an all-in but not on a normal losing hand.  This is only happening since Sky updated their software last week.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh ok well i use firefox and that doesnt happen

maybe try using firefox too?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    oh ok well i use firefox and that doesnt happen maybe try using firefox too?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Thanks.........
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    no problem.

ive also found that sky poker runs quicker using firefox than it did using ie.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Mucked Hands:
    Does anyone else notice that some mucked hands on a losing hand are being shown to the table.  I called Sky helpline and was told that it was my browser that was causing the problem.  Google Chrome and Safari were apparently not compatible with Sky Poker.  I find this weird as both these browsers are two of the best around.  Anyone else have this problem?  Would appreciate any advice.  Thanks, Morag
    Posted by LeoBooBoo
    That strikes me as odd.
    I can see that the browser might affect the presentation of your screen or the performance of the tables but to say that it would affect the logic of the program (i.e. whether a hand is shown or not) is very strange.
    I'm happy to be corrected if people know of instances where this might occur.
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Mucked Hands:
    Posted by LeoBooBoo
    Hi Morag

Just noticed that your post says some losing hands are shown and not all & (without seeing your tables in question of course) I think I might have the answer for you.

If you're first to act & the betting has been checked down all streets then come showdown you'll be the first to show your cards regardless of whether you've won or not. Similarly, let's say you're on the button with KQ & you raise it up. You get 1 caller from the BB & everyone else folds. Now the flop comes down A 10 6. The BB checks & you c-bet which is called. Then if on the turn & river it's checked down, I believe that you will also be the first to show in this instance too as you lead the betting.

I'm 99.9% certain that it'll have absolutely nothing to do with what browser you using. As has been said it may (will) affect how some things are displayed but as far as I'm aware (I'm no computer expert) it can have no influence on the programming.

Hopefully this makes sense & I haven't just rambled!

EDIT: I should've mentioned that I also use chrome for playing & other than one or two minor issues (listed in a thread in technical queries if you wanted to check it out) I have no problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Mucked Hands : Hi Morag Just noticed that your post says some losing hands are shown and not all & (without seeing your tables in question of course) I think I might have the answer for you. If you're first to act & the betting has been checked down all streets then come showdown you'll be the first to show your cards regardless of whether you've won or not. Similarly, let's say you're on the button with KQ & you raise it up. You get 1 caller from the BB & everyone else folds. Now the flop comes down A 10 6. The BB checks & you c-bet which is called. Then if on the turn & river it's checked down, I believe that you will also be the first to show in this instance too as you lead the betting. I'm 99.9% certain that it'll have absolutely nothing to do with what browser you using. As has been said it may (will) affect how some things are displayed but as far as I'm aware (I'm no computer expert) it can have no influence on the programming. Hopefully this makes sense & I haven't just rambled! EDIT: I should've mentioned that I also use chrome for playing & other than one or two minor issues (listed in a thread in technical queries if you wanted to check it out) I have no problems whatsoever.
    Posted by silentbob
    Thanks for response.  Have tried watching a bit more to understand what is happening.  In theory, it doesn't seem to matter whether I raise first or just follow the betting - some hands are being shown which if you are set up to muck losing hands then surely this s houldn't happen irrespective of how the betting goes.   I have a strong belief that there's a glitch in the software but Sky don't want to know.  Thanks again.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    You can check the mucked hands on hand history anyway cant ya?