You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Table balancing

luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
It is quite common on SKY to see 3 - 4 of the top stacks on the smae table in a MTT whilst yhere are still multiple tables. The balancing algorithm may need some work.

Comments

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    Funny you should mention this cos it is a thing i myself have noticed in MTTS a fair bit and only recently in fact.dav
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited April 2010
    i like big stacks on my tables it means more chips
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    i've made this point b4 - must be a glitch.....needs looking into, but won't be
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited April 2010
    Don't think it's a glitch.  Table seats should, as in live events, be assigned at random when balancing tables.  The size of the stack of the people being moved is not relevant.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Table balancing:
    Don't think it's a glitch.  Table seats should, as in live events, be assigned at random when balancing tables.  The size of the stack of the people being moved is not relevant.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    Posted by TommyD
    agreed
  • Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    Ah - my mistake then. I thought stack size was taken into account. If its not even supposed to be, then fair enough.
  • Options
    EyemanEyeman Member Posts: 1,039
    edited April 2010
    I have mentioned this before, and was given vewry short shrift bu Tikay. However, since then I have seen nothing to change my mind that there is a glitch in the program on Sky, and it will often leave the top stacks on one table and the short stacks on another. I can see that this must happen randomly occasionally, but not in every tournament as it seems to be on Sky.
    I don't see how Tikay can know if there is a programing error or not -  I'm guessing he didn't write the software. It seriously needs some attention.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited April 2010
    I've been to many Table Balancing venues (mainly in the East End of London), and the only real problem I experience, is that stupid '3-foot rule'. Plus the fact there's no touching allowed, obviously. 

Come to think of it, I'm also often outraged at the price of the beer, and the fact that it tastes exceptionally watery. I also get annoyed that throughout the next day, I have an overwhelming compunction to whistle the Tom Jones' hit ‘You Can Keep Your Hat On’, or Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’.

However, all of this is usually offset by the fact that the girls there are vibrant and vivacious, and seem genuinely interested in me, and the mundane minutiae of what I do for a living.

So, on balance, I'm still in favour of Table Balancing, despite the obvious social stigmas it may carry – and the nuisance it might cause to local residents, when the punters leave noisily at 3am and are sick by the nearby kebab vans.

• Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2010
    I've been to many Table Balancing venues (mainly in the East End of London), and the only real problem I experience, is that stupid '3-foot rule'. Plus the fact there's no touching allowed, obviously.  Come to think of it, I'm also often outraged at the price of the beer, and the fact that it tastes exceptionally watery. I also get annoyed that throughout the next day, I often have an overwhelming compunction to whistle the Tom Jones' hit ‘You Can Keep Your Hat On’, or Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’. However, all of this is usually offset by the fact that the girls there are vibrant and vivacious, and seem genuinely interested in me, and the mundane minutiae of what I do for a living. So, on balance, I'm still in favour of Table Balancing, despite the obvious social stigmas it may carry – and the nuisance it might cause to local residents, when the punters leave noisily at 3am and are sick by the nearby kebab vans.
    Posted by FlutNush
    lmao
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    I've been to many Table Balancing venues (mainly in the East End of London), and the only real problem I experience, is that stupid '3-foot rule'. Plus the fact there's no touching allowed, obviously.  Come to think of it, I'm also often outraged at the price of the beer, and the fact that it tastes exceptionally watery. I also get annoyed that throughout the next day, I have an overwhelming compunction to whistle the Tom Jones' hit ‘You Can Keep Your Hat On’, or Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’. However, all of this is usually offset by the fact that the girls there are vibrant and vivacious, and seem genuinely interested in me, and the mundane minutiae of what I do for a living. So, on balance, I'm still in favour of Table Balancing, despite the obvious social stigmas it may carry – and the nuisance it might cause to local residents, when the punters leave noisily at 3am and are sick by the nearby kebab vans.
    Posted by FlutNush
    U should be a politician,say alot but not answer a question.luv it lol dav
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited April 2010
    I've been to many Table Balancing venues (mainly in the East End of London), and the only real problem I experience, is that stupid '3-foot rule'. Plus the fact there's no touching allowed, obviously.  Come to think of it, I'm also often outraged at the price of the beer, and the fact that it tastes exceptionally watery. I also get annoyed that throughout the next day, I have an overwhelming compunction to whistle the Tom Jones' hit ‘You Can Keep Your Hat On’, or Shaggy’s ‘It Wasn’t Me’. However, all of this is usually offset by the fact that the girls there are vibrant and vivacious, and seem genuinely interested in me, and the mundane minutiae of what I do for a living. So, on balance, I'm still in favour of Table Balancing, despite the obvious social stigmas it may carry – and the nuisance it might cause to local residents, when the punters leave noisily at 3am and are sick by the nearby kebab vans.
    Posted by FlutNush

You should stay away from those table balancing venues.
    You should try "Stable Dancing" instead. I'd go as far as to say that you haven't really lived until you've seen a line of 8 horses performing "River Dance"  in perfect synchronisation.
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited April 2010
    Russian State Circus is coming to Southampton soon, hoping to see some quality Table Balancing.

Once in a lifetime opportunity so the flyer says, and 50% off if I book in advance.