You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It

WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    I would support ya mate but sky have a MINIMUM buy in so as long as that remains in place nowt will change im afraid.gl m8 dav
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Its just not propper POKER.................:
    ..............Im talkin about short stackers, those people who join a cash game with less than 50bb and play bingo for an hour......... u cant bluff em and most importantly u cant get value from them. SKY sort this out i wana join a table with players with a full stackor 50bb as a minimum, most sites have 50bb min tables why cant there be any here??  What do you guys and girls think!!! gimme some support here Thanks  
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    sort what out???
    as far as i know all sites and live cash games have a minimum and maximum buy-in?
    no one is breaking rules or etiquette.
    basically what you are saying is you cant bully a short stack and dont know any other way to beat them?
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    Shortstacking is a skill in itself, stop whinging and work out how best to beat them...
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Its just not propper POKER.................:
    Shortstacking is a skill in itself, stop whinging and work out how best to beat them...
    Posted by diablo_pez
    2nd
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited April 2010
    this is a joke right
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Its just not propper POKER................. : 2nd
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Shouldn't you be down the pub?
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Its just not propper POKER................. : Shouldn't you be down the pub?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    armchair m8 lol pubs full of them hammers spoiling the game, its not there thought tho they not used 2 cup semis
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Its just not propper POKER.................:
    ..............Im talkin about short stackers, those people who join a cash game with less than 50bb and play bingo for an hour......... u cant bluff em and most importantly u cant get value from them. SKY sort this out i wana join a table with players with a full stack or 50bb as a minimum, most sites have 50bb min tables why cant there be any here??  What do you guys and girls think!!! gimme some support here Thanks  
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Sky has a minimum and a maximum buy in at each table, you know the rules, if you want people to have more money in their stack join a bigger table.

I will play on a table any day of the week with someone that joins with only the minimum stack.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Its just not propper POKER................. : No one is Breakin any rules or ettiquet W.T.F crawled up ur ar se. I aint sayin that chief i pay to play on this site and i would like to have a few 50bb tables w.t.f is ur problem, "dont know how to beat them" lol theres no value there!!! 
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    opps sorry if i upset you sir...but you said in your post that short stack poker is "not proper poker" so it seemed to me you were telling sky not to allow anyone to buyin with less than the max,hence your comment"sort it out sky?"
    if you want to have buyins of min 50bb you can put it to sky in the how to improve the site threads,they always listen to comments from you "paying customers".
    you say there is "no value there" but surely if you knew how to adapt to playing a short stack there is always value?

good luck dave....

ps do you really have to call everybody "chief"? like you really are the guy out of familly guy lol
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2010

In Response to Re: Its just not propper POKER................. : opps sorry if i upset you sir...but you said in your post that short stack poker is "not proper poker" so it seemed to me you were telling sky not to allow anyone to buyin with less than the max,hence your comment"sort it out sky?" if you want to have buyins of min 50bb you can put it to sky in the how to improve the site threads,they always listen to comments from you "paying customers". you say there is "no value there" but surely if you knew how to adapt to playing a short stack there is always value? good luck dave.... ps do you really have to call everybody "chief"? like you really are the guy out of familly guy lol
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    LOL Maybie ur right, There u go i have made changes to this thread k chief

• Options
    edited April 2010
    heh heh,thats much better.thanks boss.....
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited April 2010
    good idea,i think i have seen down the lower stakes £10 max BIs so perhaps sky are thinking along those lines
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2010
    WHOAMI if you saw my post after your 1st one you will see i WAS agreeing with yer m8 as i saw wot yer was gettin at.gl dav
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited April 2010
    for me id love to play short stackers all day long!!

if im on the end of a bad beat from them at least its not taking down my whole stack.
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2010
    The larger your stack in relation to the blinds the more skill is in the game as more betting can take place with less cards to come therefore less luck.  There is not much skill when you or your opponent has say 15 bb, that is one of the reasons a tournament is oftern refered to as a donkament. So if you are a highly skilled player it is better to play deep stack. That is why anybody who is any good plays cash the majority of the time.

HOWEVER, short stackers are important in cash games. As these players are 99.999% of the time people who are just having a bit of fun trying to spin some money up not really knowing what they are doing. I would much rather these players buy in with 100bb although I am quite happy to accept their kind donations of 20 to 50bb  (£40 to £100) numerous times on a night.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited April 2010
    i often go to the cash tables with a half stack or less

as everybody naturally assumes you are a donk you can exploit them

cant stand regs moaning about it either if you dont like dont play here
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited April 2010
    TBH, personally I have absolutely no problem with short stackers at the cash tables whatsoever. The only thing I've never liked about the cash tables is that at the level I tend to play at (NL10) you can sit down with 200bb! WHY??

As far as I'm concerned cash tables should be 100bb buy in MAX, unless it's specifically a deep stack table. Just my opinion but I know 100bb max buy in is the norm every where else (and fwiw, all levels above NL10 are 100bb buy in MAX)
  • Options
    richtearichtea Member Posts: 143
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Its just not enjoyable POKER.................:
    TBH, personally I have absolutely no problem with short stackers at the cash tables whatsoever. The only thing I've never liked about the cash tables is that at the level I tend to play at (NL10) you can sit down with 200bb! WHY?? As far as I'm concerned cash tables should be 100bb buy in MAX, unless it's specifically a deep stack table. Just my opinion but I know 100bb max buy in is the norm every where else (and fwiw, all levels above NL10 are 100bb buy in MAX)
    Posted by silentbob
    Agreed. A couple of weeks ago I took a hit of Mahony-sized proportions and had to drop down a level from NL20. I've found myself languishing on the 8p blind tables now though because the max buy-in for the 10p blind tables is £20, the same as it is at 20p level! It doesn't make sense to me, I'm sure this has been brought up before and Sky's response was something along the lines of "the players enjoy the deepstacked effect" but I can't really understand that, 100bbs max isn't exactly short-stack play.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2010
    Richta and Mahony are 2 guys who shouldnt be going near nl8 in a million years !!

How can u do it? - Far too good.

Back to the opening post - I hate them, but as others have said - the problem with making a table 100xbb minimum buy in, is the standard of player on that table is gonna be alot better than the other tables.

The short stacks, often sit with 30xbb, spin it up to 200xbb before you get to the table, so you have a weaker player, playing a big stack, and this is perfect.

Short stacks just mean you have to reign your game in, look at the stacks of the blinds before u raise pre flop, sometimes fold marginal hands as you know any shove from the shortie commits you.

Mega frustrating - but pro's of playing short-stacks are greater than the cons for me.

DOHH