You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Wednesday 27th September. bossquaid takes the Main, and a big result for Gvbnugvv

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,698

A very good morning to you.

I always find it tough to get back into the Forum routine after the excitement of an SPT but I'm feeling a little more energised & chirpy today. UKOPS was formally announced yesterday which is always something I look forward to, & then when that's done & dusted we have another SPT to look forward to. And then comes Christmas, about which I have mixed feelings, but it means another UKOPS & there's all that wonderful sport on TV.

OK, let's get down to business, & there was a great result in last night's Main which went to @bossquaid. It's his 2nd Main Event win, the other was a Gold Rush earlier this year, he won a Mini in May too. Last night's victory was - just about - his biggest score ever on Sky Poker after almost 4 years & 7,250 MTT's. Well done bud. 5th was @chkngeorge who won his seat via the MML. I noticed SPT Manchester winner @Vertigo played it too, finishing 26th, as well as 3rd in Mega. His ABI is only £8, but after binking £11,000 up in Manchester, I guess we will see more of him in Mains now.

Before we move on, a little diversion. While I was at SPT Manchester @bossquaid introduced himself to me, we pleasantly exchanged a few words about his improved results lately & that was that, we moved on. It got me thinking though about one of the peculiarities of "Live" poker. We get our seat draw & then sit down with 7 or 8 other players, most of whom we don't know & are complete strangers. And yet nobody ever introduces themselves, or says "hi". I find that insanely weird. We are going to share that table with those players for maybe a few hours, maybe all day, & yet we never go through the social niceties most of us are used to. I can't think of any similar examples in my life, whenever we meet a bunch of people we plan to spend a few pleasant hours with, there's always the usual ice-breaking intros. Imagine playing 18 holes of golf with 3 strangers & not introducing yourselves to each other on the 1st tee. It's not as if any of us are "pros", we are just recreationals about to enjoy a day of fun poker, which all of us have looked forward to. It's much the same on Forums, especially poker forums. A player will come to the Forum for the first time ever but very rarely say "hi" or "morning/afternoon" or whatever. I guess it's an age thing, & folks think it's me that's weird. Probably right, too.

A big win in the Mini for @reeler but the name which really caught the eye was 6th placed @Gvbnugvv. He's been chirping a bit on the Forum this week, & very few people took the trouble to say "well done mate" which is a bit sad. It's only small staff but it's all relative, & surely most of us fondly remember the thrill of our first few wins? Anyway, in the last few days he's had 2 wins (including Reload), a 2nd, & now 6th in the Mini. His Sharky graph has gone near vertical, & his results are pretty solid anyway - a 23% ROI & a rating of 71. Keep it up @Gvbnugvv & whatever you do don't lose that enthusiasm, it's a joy to see.

9 @ 9 went to @Ironpump1 who I suspect enjoys MTT's more than he cares to admit. Does very well in them too, & earlier results include 1st & 2nd in Sunday Majors.

There was a win double for @Natnug (how many times have I written that?) who took Reload & MidEx. It was a particularly hot Reload, 2nd was Tuesday's 9 @ 9 winner, @gibbzy, with Monday's Main Event winner @Jessieak in 3rd. In 4th was @aynaricol who min-cashed in extraordinary circumstances at SPT Manchester to hopefully end a particularly vicious downturn. The money bubble at Manchester was tremendous fun, everyone stalling because one lad had about half an Ante. Thanks to some eccentric play on the part of one particular player, he actually cashed I believe.

@steviep89 won Mega, the 7th time they have done so, which is mighty impressive.

That'll have to do today, I've exceeded my word count by miles thanks to a few waffly diversions. I'll try & stick to the results tomorrow. Probably.

Comments