You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Has she lost the plot?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,320

Is this the English version of Marjorie Taylor Greene?

As poor delivery of a speech goes, it's in the Liz Truss class.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
    That was really embarrassing.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    HAYSIE said:

Who is she? Or rather who does she think she is?
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

HAYSIE said:

Who is she? Or rather who does she think she is?
    Who is she? Penny Morduant, this lady;

"Penelope Mary Mordaunt is a British politician who has been Leader of the House of Commons and Lord President of the Council since September 2022. A member of the Conservative Party, she has been Member of Parliament for Portsmouth North since May 2010"

Who does she think she is? No idea. Winston Churchill? Liz Truss? Marjorie Taylor Greene? Katie Hopkins?
  • Options
    edited October 2023

But here's a MUCH better version, utterly wonderful.....

WARNING - includes profanities.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Being from Portsmouth (Mordaunt's constituency), I have it on good authority that this woman is an idiot. The video did not disappoint. I don't know who she's talking about and what she's referring to, but it definitely isn't the current Conservative party.

It's laughable to think a number of Conservative voters wanted Mordaunt to be PM. The bit at the end is like a drunk outside a pub.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I like the way she clapped at the end, as if to confirm what she thought the audience should be doing. Definitely no Winston Churchill.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Enut said:

I like the way she clapped at the end, as if to confirm what she thought the audience should be doing. Definitely no Winston Churchill.

@Enut

She certainly suffers from illusions of grandeur.

Amazing how many politicians have a complete lack of self-awareness.

I bet she thinks her speech was well-received.
  • Options

Loved the way she kept pausing for the audience to clap, & they never did.

Almost certainly went to the same school of public speaking as Liz Truss.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    That's the problem with politics, the good politicians don't want to get to the top and the ones that do want to get to the top are generally narcissists, only in it for what it can do for them and have no consideration or empathy for the public. IMO it's a fundamental flaw in our political system.
  • Options
    Enut said:

That's the problem with politics, the good politicians don't want to get to the top and the ones that do want to get to the top are generally narcissists, only in it for what it can do for them and have no consideration or empathy for the public. IMO it's a fundamental flaw in our political system.

@Enut

That reminds me of Tony Benn. I disagreed with much/most of his politics, but admired him so much for being a real politician, who was not in politics for self-gain.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a single MP who has the integrity he had.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

That reminds me of Tony Benn. I disagreed with much/most of his politics, but admired him so much for being a real politician, who was not in politics for self-gain.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a single MP who has the integrity he had.
    Agreed. I think Michael Heseltine seems to be more attuned to things now he is not biased by his political party leanings.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Desperate times call for desperate measures..methinks as they flounder towards the end of their reign

Roll on the general election and we have to hope the sheep aren't fooled by the 'sweeties' they will give away at the next budget

More importantly the number of people who died needlessly during Covid...not to forget partygate
    PPE corruption etc etc

I'm not saying Labour will be much better, they certainly can't be any worse, surely?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

Dennis Skinner was another. Never missed a sitting because as he said "My constituents expect me to be in Parliament to represent them and their views and wishes"

I didn't like him but you can't argue with the sentiment.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

@Enut

"Dennis Skinner was another. Never missed a sitting because as he said "My constituents expect me to be in Parliament to represent them and their views and wishes"

I didn't like him but you can't argue with the sentiment.

Good shout.

Take note, Nadine Dorries. Don't think she even turned up in the House for 6 or 8 months whilst she was throwing a tantrum as she never got a Peerage.