You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Note to one's self

bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
Must remember not to have a glass of wine (or 2) when playing sky poker. I forgot I entered a £2.60 all in UKOPS Sat, was just about to log out at 11.15 then realised I was still in, launched tournament had 340 chips but was in big blind for 200, out first hand I played. No more wine for me

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,596
    I would be careful with stuff like that bert. responsible gambling measures is getting worse and posting stuff like that in the future could potentially cause you issues not saying it would who knows.

I doubt it would in this case over a net spend of £2.60 but admiting to gambling whilst drunk is not a good look.

incedently its not a good idea either. I would not do this myself i guess if your just playing micro games whats the deal anyway.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited October 2023
    bert21 said:

Must remember not to have a glass of wine (or 2) when playing sky poker. I forgot I entered a £2.60 all in UKOPS Sat, was just about to log out at 11.15 then realised I was still in, launched tournament had 340 chips but was in big blind for 200, out first hand I played. No more wine for me

@bert21

And you still managed to finish 5th.

Think we've all been there & done that at some point in our poker journey. I noticed you won that 18.30 £1k BH earlier this month, well done.

I recall you winning an Avenger Mini a few years ago too. Bet you can't name any of the other finalists. ;)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    Back in the day when some of us used to boost @Tikay10's retirement fund by playing PLO8 dyms with him there was more than one time when I forgot to check the tables I was registered for before signing off for the evening, luckily on logging in the next morning they sometimes still hadn't filled!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Doubleme said:

I would be careful with stuff like that bert. responsible gambling measures is getting worse and posting stuff like that in the future could potentially cause you issues not saying it would who knows.

I doubt it would in this case over a net spend of £2.60 but admiting to gambling whilst drunk is not a good look.

incedently its not a good idea either. I would not do this myself i guess if your just playing micro games whats the deal anyway.

You probably shouldn't watch next Fridays stream then.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Enut said:

Back in the day when some of us used to boost @Tikay10's retirement fund by playing PLO8 dyms with him there was more than one time when I forgot to check the tables I was registered for before signing off for the evening, luckily on logging in the next morning they sometimes still hadn't filled!

Might want to check again, I haven’t seen a game run in a good couple of years :D
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,596
    waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

we vboth know i cant watch that stream because I was blocked and banned and we both know why that happened dont we?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

we vboth know i cant watch that stream because I was blocked and banned and we both know why that happened dont we?
    Do we? I haven't got a clue you're talking about (as usual) Dave
  • Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Tikay10 said:

bert21 said:

@bert21

Think we've all been there & done that at some point in our poker journey. I noticed you won that 18.30 £1k BH earlier this month, well done.

I recall you winning an Avenger Mini a few years ago too. Bet you can't name any of the other finalists. ;)
    Struggle to remember what I did two hours ago Tikay, do love playing on Sky though, even if I find it frustrating at times. Play most nights, mainly one table and low stakes
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    bert21 said:

Tikay10 said:

bert21 said:

@bert21

Struggle to remember what I did two hours ago Tikay, do love playing on Sky though, even if I find it frustrating at times. Play most nights, mainly one table and low stakes

@bert21

Does not matter what the stakes are, it's just so good to hear from players who actually enjoy playing. Long may it last. You'd be surprised how many don't, & never stop moaning.

Sounds like your memory is about as bad as mine.

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    my note to self is dont play when your tired, it will be there tomorrow :smile:

And read “to a mouse” often.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    What is with the Sky clique, that whenever anyone posts things like this one always likes to talk about bans and the likes... that if it were true, they have just highlighted it to whoever it may concern?

The guy has a few glasses of wine at a weekend and this bans him from investing £2.60? Yet you can play a fruit machine in a pub and get off your face at any race meeting...

I honestly dont get what the cliques agenda is at times, but bans are mentioned all the time over the most ridiculous claims. Personally i play a pound a game that can last 40 mins... a ban for breaking Gambling Commision protocols is mentioned over and over again.....

Absolutely anyone who even logs into slots daily or a number of 'russian roulette' games in a day, has a gambling problem full stop in my book. But hey, ban the ones having a glass of wine and playing £2, or those playing £1 despite thinking its decks are for entertainment purposes only.....

Thank god the GC can differentiate the hallmarks of problem gambling and not the special Sky clique....
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    TheWaddy said:

What is with the Sky clique, that whenever anyone posts things like this one always likes to talk about bans and the likes... that if it were true, they have just highlighted it to whoever it may concern?

The guy has a few glasses of wine at a weekend and this bans him from investing £2.60? Yet you can play a fruit machine in a pub and get off your face at any race meeting...

I honestly dont get what the cliques agenda is at times, but bans are mentioned all the time over the most ridiculous claims. Personally i play a pound a game that can last 40 mins... a ban for breaking Gambling Commision protocols is mentioned over and over again.....

Absolutely anyone who even logs into slots daily or a number of 'russian roulette' games in a day, has a gambling problem full stop in my book. But hey, ban the ones having a glass of wine and playing £2, or those playing £1 despite thinking its decks are for entertainment purposes only.....

Thank god the GC can differentiate the hallmarks of problem gambling and not the special Sky clique....

Another post that lacks comprehension.