You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can you freeze Chocolate and Cheese?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,619
So a shop near us is closing and switching brands. I checked coming back from work for discount opportunity and well when i saw 700 gram blocks of chedder for £1.30 and grated 300 gram bags for 80p the end result is our fridge is now full of cheese. Literally full no space left.

my girlfriend says you can freeze the solid blocks but not the grated cheese is that right?

probs dont need to freeze the choclate bars they were double sized things going for 20p a pop my girlfriend has finished the count she says 110 but it she may have eaten one or two whilst i was typing.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,366
    Yes, freeze cheese, but not grated, the grated will thaw out all wrong.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Google
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Yes cheese and chocolate both freeze ok. Cheese sometimes thaws a little funny it all depends upon the fat content.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Thought you were a chef Dave? Remind me never to eat at your place
  • Options
    River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 119
    google? no. let’s ask for the culinary expertise of the average sky poker player
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    Cheese & Chocolate sandwiches toasted....
  • Options
    waller02 said:

yeah you seem very interested in my career often, I have worked as a chef for about a month or two now. I would not call myself a chef. Its literally just bunging stuff in the oven to exact instructions and following instructions to the brand way of doing it.

I think I have about as much claim to been a chef as the guys working at McDonalds no offence intended to them.

I think people have an over glamourised impression of Chef's from Gordon Ramsy's hells kitchen.

Been a chef is a very hard full on job and quite stressful but in most places your just cooking according a few dishes to set guidelines.

I do a great marmite mince cheese nachos though but I learned that from my girlfriend.
  • Options
    River_Fox said:

google? no. let’s ask for the culinary expertise of the average sky poker player

in fact I would say it is likely the case that the average sky poker player is a better chef then myself.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

yeah you seem very interested in my career often, I have worked as a chef for about a month or two now. I would not call myself a chef. Its literally just bunging stuff in the oven to exact instructions and following instructions to the brand way of doing it.

I think I have about as much claim to been a chef as the guys working at McDonalds no offence intended to them.

I think people have an over glamourised impression of Chef's from Gordon Ramsy's hells kitchen.

Been a chef is a very hard full on job and quite stressful but in most places your just cooking according a few dishes to set guidelines.

I do a great marmite mince cheese nachos though but I learned that from my girlfriend.
    Yep, each and every day I wake up and ask myself what Dave's career plans are
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 513
    edited October 2023
    Choc out of fridge > choc out of freezer > choc out of cupboard.

Wispa Gold and Fry's Chocolate Cream aremy personal choice, followed by Crunchie.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,744
    You can freeze butter as well
    Bean81 said:

Choc out of fridge > choc out of freezer > choc out of cupboard.

Wispa Gold and Fry's Chocolate Cream aremy personal choice, followed by Crunchie.

Mars bars outa the fridge :)