You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

AI Will End Work.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,240

Comments

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,765
    I have been telling folk that for ages and everyone thinks I’m crazy, strange cause I am right, but so is everyone else haha
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,030
    No. It won't.

We've heard this so many times before. Every technological advance was supposed to make us all redundant. Hasn't happened.

It will lead to change, of course. Slimeballs like Musk will make people redundant to maximise profits.

But there are already plenty of industries where technological advance has led to reductions in the workforce. That is why so few people work in agriculture/manufacturing compared to before.

But people will still work. Because unless they earn money, people like Musk don't get rich from them.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

No. It won't.

We've heard this so many times before. Every technological advance was supposed to make us all redundant. Hasn't happened.

It will lead to change, of course. Slimeballs like Musk will make people redundant to maximise profits.

But there are already plenty of industries where technological advance has led to reductions in the workforce. That is why so few people work in agriculture/manufacturing compared to before.

But people will still work. Because unless they earn money, people like Musk don't get rich from them.

Back to talking rubbish, that’s more like it hahaha.

Imo AI is a different kettle from all other tech, if it starts thinking for itself and they develop robots that can move like us, it’s game over for everyone…..where’s my tin foil hat at!

And why am I still reading this forum I’m already 15 mins late for work, i canny wait till I can buy a robot to do all my work!!
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,641
    I think it would be very difficult if at all possible to say the date when we will become obsolete but it is fundamentally clear to anyone who thinks it through properly that the day will come when we are all obsolete.

every single task that humans can do can be done better and cheaper by machines, currently technology is at the point where most tasks are either not able to be done by machines yet or where it is cheaper to use human labour.

However it is logically only a matter of time should we not destroy ourselves in a nuclear war that this will be realized and human labour will be redundant. will that be in ten years 50 years 100 years or 500 years? I dont know I would guess 10 years is a bit too soon and 500 years is way to long if I had to guess I would say somewhere between 50 and 100 years but I could definitely be wrong.

The idea of a universal basic income and been able to live work free is absurd in the extreme though. Generally looking at history and most super rich elites and world leaders the idea of billions of people been allowed to live when they have no utility makes less sense then the flat earther morons.

once we no longer have utility to the rich elites we will be purged.
  • Options
    @Doubleme

Maybe the poor will rise up and purge the rich, the wealthy should consider themselves lucky that this has not already happened. Esp in countries like the USA where the average joe is armed up like g.I joe.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,641

@Doubleme

Maybe the poor will rise up and purge the rich, the wealthy should consider themselves lucky that this has not already happened. Esp in countries like the USA where the average joe is armed up like g.I joe.

right now we have a government that has openly said its okay if poor people die has effectively called for slavery unashamedly helps the rich whilst trying to take more and more from those at the bottom and has now been confirmed as covering up for rape.

In the past this would have seen riots on the streets now they will probably not only not see rebellion they will probably win the next election.

if it was going to happen like you say it would have already happened.
  • Options
    @Doubleme

History show this does happen, from time to time, just wait until the people are starving :) what did Bob Marley say “a hungry man is an angry man”