You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do (poll)

Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
just curious, what would everyone do.

we have AJ suited on the button with 15bb. do we want to?

What would you do (poll) 11 votes

fold
0%
call
0%
min-raise (2-2.4bb)
54%
mumsieFeelGroggyflashgormBertie283Asho2843 6 votes
raise 2.5-4bb
9%
TheEdge949 1 vote
shove
36%
oldboy271stokefcgreen_beerUOBROK1 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,405
    min-raise (2-2.4bb)
    im actually min-raise or shove.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    really need more information
  • Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 188
    Go onto You Tube and watch players that are looking at all the different options. Personally, i prefer to be aggressive, but it depends on who is at my table and how much i am playing for. If it is for low stakes or a S&G i would shove (unless a tight player had already raised) If you would call a re raise, then you might as well go All-In yourself, and put the pressure on other players. Some players do not want to go All-in, because they then do not have any power or want to try and bluff, but usually i do not give them that option. Loose players will call with Ace-rag, KQ, or low pairs and i would take my chance of doubling up if i had AJ, so i would usually Shove. I colour code other players and yellow, means they are TIGHT and orange LOOSE, and other colours mean they are WEAK, FISHY, or OPINIONATED. Weak players would LIMP with AJ and hope to hit before raising, but i would be asking questions before they saw a flop.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    stokefc said:

@HENDRIK62 :p

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Card4LifeSmall blind300.00300.006965.00
    bornabladeBig blind600.00900.006162.50
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    giesahaunFold
    Y2slejAyarCall600.001500.009940.00
    stokefcRaise1800.003300.0011461.25
    HENDRIK62All-in14155.0017455.000.00
    gogogadgetFold
    elipeterFold
    Card4LifeFold
    bornabladeFold
    Y2slejAyarFold
    stokefcAll-in11461.2528916.250.00
    HENDRIK62Unmatched bet893.7528022.50893.75
    stokefcShow
    • K
    • A
    HENDRIK62Show
    • A
    • J
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    HENDRIK62WinFlush to the Ace28022.5028916.25
    I knew i was going to flop the flush because thewaddy told me to get it in when i was behind, sorry you were on the receiving end of my enhanced deck expertise......
  • Options
    by the way the correct answer was minraise
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,721
    so in terms of GTO the answer is min raise if we assume that effective stacks are 15bb.

that been said this will depend on the structure and the players I am playing.

for example if this is a don/sat structure and I am near certain of going through but shoving and been called could put me out open folding this could make sense.

the jist of it is that ICM and tourney structure can affect a lot of things. eg if I am in a bounty hunter and bb had 3 blinds small blind has 15 blinds and I have 15 blinds I am outright shoving this because I want to iso to take the bounty myself.

if other players are weird as in different response to what a random member of the population would do this too could affect my action.

in most cases though unless there is something in the player dynamics or structure I would just min raise.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
    edited November 2023
    Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Hi Spikey.

Really, we needed more info.

Was it cash, MTT, DYM etc, are there Bounties?

If MTT or DYM, how many left, are we in the money etc.

And whatever format, based on what we've seen, how wide do the SB & BB call, & how deep are they compared to us?

The more info, the better.

Stick up more of these questions Spikey, they are fun, & good for Forum interaction.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Hi Spikey.

Really, we needed more info.

Was it cash, MTT, DYM etc, are there Bounties?

If MTT or DYM, how many left, are we in the money etc.

And whatever format, based on what we've seen, how wide do the SB & BB call, & how deep are they compared to us?

The more info, the better.

Stick up more of these questions Spikey, they are fun, & good for Forum interaction.
    ill do some more with more context :smiley: