You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Please ban Dynesy

oldboy271oldboy271 Member Posts: 42
Does anyone think this guy should be banned? Man has serious issues.

Dynesy: please
Dynesy: can u please
Dynesy: get cancer
10:59oldboy271: you got issues mate
Dynesy: you got cancer mate
oldboy271: £5 game lol
Dynesy: lets play £2
Dynesy: £20
oldboy271: coz your so good
11:00Dynesy: double suited aces u just hit gin
oldboy271: get to the doctors
Dynesy: u need to for cancer
oldboy271: seeious mental issues mate
11:01oldboy271: boom

Comments

• Options
    @Tikay10 @Sky_Poker please do the necessary.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    I've had the same abuse from him. Easy to make comments like that when he's sat behind a keyboard
  • Options
    yeh scumbag and a bad loser. Another keyboard warrior.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Rather than air it on the forum, perhaps contacting Sky would be the correct way to go.

You obviously have the evidence of abuse so send it to customer services.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

The matter has been dealt with.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Dealt with, but not banned. WP
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    A guy sits with me whos comment after losing a hand at a £1 sng was 'i hope you kids die in a car crash'.... he lost his chat but thats it. Still sits now.

And some of you guys say to me 'do you think £1 games matter to such a multimillion pound company'.... the answer is yes, very much so......
  • Options
    oldboy271 said:

Tikay10 said:

@oldboy271

Correct.

I dealt with it according to the "playbook" which is all I can do, I don't have the authority to do more than I did. The correct procedure if you have a complaint about player chat or behaviour is to contact Customer Care. However, I am quite sure they would have taken exactly the same action as I did.

Generally speaking, player accounts are only closed due to stuff like abusing the T & C's as to multi-accounting, or in areas such as KYC, SoF, RG etc. Chat box infractions mean they are blocked from chat.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    TheWaddy said:

A guy sits with me whos comment after losing a hand at a £1 sng was 'i hope you kids die in a car crash'.... he lost his chat but thats it. Still sits now.

And some of you guys say to me 'do you think £1 games matter to such a multimillion pound company'.... the answer is yes, very much so......

@TheWaddy

The stakes a player plays at are not taken into account when consideration is being given to blocking players from chat.
  • Options
    sircrypticsircryptic Member Posts: 52
    oldboy271 said:

Tikay10 said:

I'm not sure what you have to do in order to get banned on Sky poker, Tikay just mentioned a couple of things that involve breaking the T&C but as i brought up in a recent thread sky don't even ban players who collude and cheat together at the DYM tables so they won't ban anyone for abusive chat.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,591
    abusive chat actually discourages people from playing and loses customer base. I know of a few people I recommending sky poker to who decided against it because of chat abuse and that is players/customers lost probably indefinitely.

Its a tough one because people get silly in chat which sometimes annoys people and sometimes people just snap in chat. I didn't like been called a window licker in chat for making a correct call, however I wouldnt want the guy banned for that as people naturally snap sometimes and if you do that your going to lose the player base to.

There is a point where it goes to far though and a ban may be justifiable that is not my decision to make.

I dont know enough about the specific player mentioned here to know there history and if this is a one off or a repeated thing.

its a tough balance to strike.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    "I didn't like been called a window licker in chat"

There can't be many worse or more selfish things to say in a chat box than that. One hopes they are just following the herd & have not actually thought through what it really refers to. Anyone who uses that phrase, along with "re tards" "dribblers" or "mouth breathers" need to have a good look at themselves & reflect on the hurt it causes to those afflicted, especially the parents. Downs Syndrome, which may involve some or all those symptoms, is absolutely not a joking matter under any circumstances.

I don't make any Rules here, but if I did I'd snap ban anyone who used such terms over a game of recreational poker.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

oldboy271 said:

Tikay10 said:

I'm not sure what you have to do in order to get banned on Sky poker, Tikay just mentioned a couple of things that involve breaking the T&C but as i brought up in a recent thread sky don't even ban players who collude and cheat together at the DYM tables so they won't ban anyone for abusive chat.
    As I've replied previously, I can't assist in such matters, but if you still have concerns, raise them with Customer Care again.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2023
    Tikay10 said:

There can't be many worse or more selfish things to say in a chat box than that. One hopes they are just following the herd & have not actually thought through what it really refers to. Anyone who uses that phrase, along with "re tards" "dribblers" or "mouth breathers" need to have a good look at themselves & reflect on the hurt it causes to those afflicted, especially the parents. Downs Syndrome, which may involve some or all those symptoms, is absolutely not a joking matter under any circumstances.

I don't make any Rules here, but if I did I'd snap ban anyone who used such terms over a game of recreational poker.

I agree with you totally Tony

....tho' I would have met it Head-on and typed back " Slurp ! Slurp ! " :p

usually Shut's them up :)
  • Options

I should add that wishing others would get cancer, & similar variations on that theme is no better. It's the same thing though, sheer ignorance & lack of thought, and an inability to express their frustration a more reasonable way.

It does beg the question though, why would a recreational player play poker in the first place if it grabs them like that? It's a game which we are meant to enjoy.

It's completely outside my understanding why anyone would play small stakes poker & get so exercised by it.
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Tikay10 said:

Having worked with Downs Syndrome kids, any abusive term mentioning them gets me angry, the most loving , caring people around IMO .