You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The ABC of DYM by John Connor A Question for the DYM regs.

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
Having just re re read this article I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, do you think that the advice proffered still holds sway or has the whole way that DYMs are played changed. Obviously with Hold Em as time passes, what used to be a great reference work such as Super System or Caro's Book of Tells becomes diluted and obsolete as many recreational players learn the lessons within and adapt accordingly.

Therefore can the same be said for the ABC of DYM.

Secondly, if the answer to the first question is yes, then is all the suggested information regarding opening ranges, bet sizing, calling ranges and short stack play still relevant or do you feel that the games are tighter now because more people know how to play them better. Or conversely are the games softer because more people THINK they know how to play them.

Ok, a third question. Do you think that following the advice would result in a player being able to maintain a 56 - 60 % win ratio and move up the levels using the bankroll that is suggested.

What I find intriguing is that this strategy is 10 years old and still seems to be around. That's either very good or very bad.

Comments

• Options
    badbeatashbadbeatash Member Posts: 17
    Personal opinion is that at the lower stakes its defo still relevant has there is enough bad/recreational players that you can stick to that guide and play solid abc and make profit i think the higher you go the £5 and over games you defo have to adjust a lot more and gather notes on the regs etc rather than be able to just stick to that guide.