You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brrrr, it's brass monkey weather, stay in, keep warm & play the Orfordable League, with added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
edited December 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, December Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on January 5th 2024

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:December 1st- Winner: THECHIMP; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 2: December 8th- Winner:unregged player; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 3: December 15th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: THECHIMP

Week 4: December 22nd- Winner: Angmar2626; league leader: THECHIMP

Week 5: December 29th- Winner: Angmar2626; League winner: Angmar2626; Runner-up: THECHIMP

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday January 5th 2024
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday January 5th 2024

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday January 5th 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and keeping warm.
    As we enter the final month of the year, Advent is upon us yet again and Christmas is just around the corner, I wish each of you (and your loved ones) a Happy, healthy & wonderful Christmas.
    Our winners for November, @bornablade and @diamondlee will both be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH, best of luck to both.
    December is a 5x Friday month, so there is an extra Orfy for everyone to try to make a low score and maybe, stake their claim for a prize. I wish you all the very best of luck, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is over and done with. There were 33 players taking the plunge last night, with an even dozen being Orfy regged, and of those, 4 made the FT. Taking the FT wooden spoon was @THEHERDEIE, his fourth FT in the last five weeks, he now occupies fourth in the League, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Next, we make a jump of four places into 6th last night, where we find @fredsgirl, who claims the family bragging rights for at least one week, she is in third place overall, well played Paula.
    Three places higher in 3rd was where @HENDRIK62 ended up last night, his first FT since winning November Week 1, he now claims 2nd place overall, well played Neil.
    After spending the first three weeks (of last month) in 2nd overall, only to fall at the last fence, @THECHIMP made his fourth FT in five weeks by taking it down with a well deserved win last night, which leaves him sittiing on top of the League, congratulations and very well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the League table after December Week 1

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well.
    Whilst everyone will be getting into their own personal swing of Christmasness, there are still three more Orfys before the big day itself (plus one more before New Year), so loads of time to pinch a prize from this month. I have no doubt that some of our players will be attending the SPT this weekend so I wish them all the very best of luck, and also, the very best of luck to anyone who plays tonight.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,159
    Ahhh, a cosy fire, European Rugby on the box, a glass of golden Scottish liquid to hand and a banter laden few hours with like minded friends.

Alternatively I might play the Orfy :D
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 2 has radioed in and said "over & out". WE had 28 players starting, with 14 being Orfy regged and, of those, 5 made the FT.
    A first FT of the month went to last month's runner-up @diamondlee, who finished in 6th place and has moved up the League by two places into 5th overall, well played Lee.
    Also a first FT of the month, after being last weeks' FT bubble boy, went to @goldnballz who took 9th place and moved up the League, by a solitary place, into 4th overall, well played Keith.
    Another FT debut for this month, @stokefc took 3rd place last night, moving him up the league by three places into 3rd overall, well played Sean.
    A second FT this month for @HENDRIK62, his fourth FT in his last five Orfys, finishing in 2nd place last night and combined with his 3rd place last week, he stays in 2nd overall with a score of 5, well played Neil.
    Also making his 2nd FT of the month, his FIFTH FT in the last six weeks (a truly remarkable run of form), @THECHIMP backed up last weeks win with a 4th place last night, to retain the overall League lead but on the same score, 5, as second place so leads on countback, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after December Week 2

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. It is Week 3 already, but still all to play for, as there are three more, including tonight, Orfys to end the year on a high note with a top two placing. Can anyone surpass our current top two, who are both on a score of 5? I do not know the answer to that, but I do know that it is possible. With that I shall wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Don’t have much chance to play this, maybe tonight though.
    Can you add me to list list please @SidV79.

Good luck to all
  • Options
    Hi cool-um, welcome to the Orfordable League, you have been added and will be able to see your results when I post on a Saturday morning.
    Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 is done and the results are in. There were 25 players last night, with 15 being Orfy regged, and, of those 15, 4 made it to the FT.
    Making his second FT of the month @THEHERDEIE finished in 10th place, also his second FT wooden spoon of the month, which helped him to climb three places into 5th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    Another making his second FT of the month was @stokefc who finished in 4th place, our highest placed finisher, last night to retain his overall 3rd place but now on a score of 7, thereby applying serious pressure on our top two, well played Sean.
    A third FT of the month for @HENDRIK62, finishing in 7th place last night, helped him to retain his 2nd overall placing, but did not improve his score of 5, well played Neil.
    Also making his third FT of the month, @THECHIMP finished in 8th place last night and remains at the top of the League on a score of 5, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League Table after December Week 3

• Options
    Good morning and Merry Christmas Orfy folk, I hope you are all well & looking forward to the upcoming festivities. This is Week 4, and still all to play for as we also have a Week 5 this month. Everyone still has the chance to take home a prize, although that task is made all the more difficult with our current top two both on a score of 5. Difficult it may be, but it is not an impossible task, so time to roll up your sleeves, play your best poker, or, failing that, luckbox your way to a prize. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, may the cards forever fall in your favour. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, only 22 starters last night but, again, there were 14 who are Orfy regged. Of those 14, there were 8 that made the FT.
    For the first time in three months, September Week 4 (of 5),when he finished in 10th place, @PKRPar made an appearance but went one place higher to finish 9th last night, well played Par.
    Also making a first appearance this month, his last being when he finished in 10th place five weeks ago (Nov Week 3), @Angmar2626 not only made the FT, but took the whole thing down with a win, vey well played Angmar.
    Making his first FT of the month, @daggers747 finished in 7th place last night, which took him up the league, by five places, into 6th overall, well played daggers.
    Making his second FT of the month, @goldnballz took home the FT wooden spoon for his 10th place finish last night but, he falls three places into 7th overall, well played Keith.
    A third FT of the month went to @THEHERDEIE who finished in 5th place last night, although, with others improving he falls one place to 6th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    A second FT of the month (putting my chips to good use I see) for @fredsgirl saw her finish in 6th place last night, which helps her climb three places into 5th overall, well played Paula.
    Also making his second FT of the month, @diamondlee took 2nd place last night, and making it a set of twos by moving up the League by 2 places into 4th overall, well played Lee.
    The top three has remained the same as third placed @stokefc finished in 14th last night and second placed @HENDRIK62 was MIA, presumed lost on a golf course, still looking for his ball.
    Continuing his run good @THECHIMP retained his overall League lead by making his 7th FT in the last 8 weeks by taking 4th place last night, absolutely an awesome run of form, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week for the finale to 2023. Here is the updated League table after December Week 4

• Options
    THEHERDEIETHEHERDEIE Member Posts: 25
    That was one tough final table very impressed with some of the play. Have a great Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    SidV79 said:

Good morning Orfy folk, only 22 starters last night but, again, there were 14 who are Orfy regged. Of those 14, there were 8 that made the FT.
    For the first time in three months, September Week 4 (of 5),when he finished in 10th place, @PKRPar made an appearance but went one place higher to finish 9th last night, well played Par.
    Also making a first appearance this month, his last being when he finished in 10th place five weeks ago (Nov Week 3), @Angmar2626 not only made the FT, but took the whole thing down with a win, vey well played Angmar.
    Making his first FT of the month, @daggers747 finished in 7th place last night, which took him up the league, by five places, into 6th overall, well played daggers.
    Making his second FT of the month, @goldnballz took home the FT wooden spoon for his 10th place finish last night but, he falls three places into 7th overall, well played Keith.
    A third FT of the month went to @THEHERDEIE who finished in 5th place last night, although, with others improving he falls one place to 6th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    A second FT of the month (putting my chips to good use I see) for @fredsgirl saw her finish in 6th place last night, which helps her climb three places into 5th overall, well played Paula.
    Also making his second FT of the month, @diamondlee took 2nd place last night, and making it a set of twos by moving up the League by 2 places into 4th overall, well played Lee.
    The top three has remained the same as third placed @stokefc finished in 14th last night and second placed @HENDRIK62 was MIA, presumed lost on a golf course, still looking for his ball.
    Continuing his run good @THECHIMP retained his overall League lead by making his 7th FT in the last 8 weeks by taking 4th place last night, absolutely an awesome run of form, well played Mr Chimp.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week for the finale to 2023. Here is the updated League table after December Week 4

:D:D was pretending I still had a life (we were actually 'ordered' out by our daughter as she was having friends rounds for their Christmas do :) ).....so we went to the movies and a meal, its was nice actually.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and enjoyed Christmas. This is the final Orfy of 2023, meaning the last prizes of the year will be won, or lost, tonight. There are still a few that can take one of the prizes, including the current incumbents of the top two places, @THECHIMP & @HENDRIK62, both on a score of 5. Can they be surpassed by one, or more, of those still in with a chance tonight? Will @THECHIMP make his eighth FT from the last nine? I neither know, nor will I predict the answers to those questions, so will have to wait and see what the outcome of tonight's tourney is going to be. With that I wish everyone that plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the year is done. There were 33 players last night, a 50% increase on last week, with 12 being Orfy regged, and of those, just 3 made the FT.
    @Toffeeandy made his first FT of the month with a 7th place finish last night, moving him up the League by a hefty 8 places into 10th overall, well played Andy.
    A second FT of the month was the reward for @daggers747 endeavours last night as he finished in 6th place, enough to move him up the league, by a single place, into 7th overall, well played daggers.
    @HENDRIK62 dropped a place into 3rd overall after he could only manage a 25th place finish last night, unlucky Neil.
    Going for his 5th consecutive (8th from 9) FT, @THECHIMP could only manage a 13th place finish, which meant a one place drop, but, his earlier exploits this month have seen him hold on to 2nd overall, after being pipped at the post last month, well played Mr Chimp.
    After being MIA for five weeks @Angmar2626 came back last week to take the win, which meant he had a chance to overhaul the top two and claim a prize. He did just that by taking his 2nd consecutive win last night, which means he has climbed a massive 19 places to become our final League winner, with the perfect score of 2, of 2023. Congratulations and very well played Angmar.
    Both @Angmar2626 & @THECHIMP shall be entered into next Friday's 9.30pm £11 BH. I would like to thank everyone who has played this year and hope to you next week in our first Orfy of 2024. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all. Here is the League table after December Week 5

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Nice write-up, thanks for running this Sid!
  • Options
    THECHIMPTHECHIMP Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Sid for running this enjoyable tournament, relieved that I managed to hold on for a prize this month.