You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£37 to run fridge and freezer for two weeks!

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,702
is that normal energy company constantly seems to be overcharging went away for two weeks for christmas and new years to girlfriends folks and apparently we were charged £37 for usage even though all we had on was the fridge and freezer they mentioned an £8 standing charge etc so maybe £29 but still basically £30 to run a fridge and a freezer for two weeks am I been silly or is that incredibly steep and seeming not right?

its not so much the £37 that is the issue that amount of money is not a lot its just i Have been feeling they have been over charging us and ripping us of for a while and this appears to make the case clear.

is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    I suggest you get a smart meter and check how much your fridge and freezer are using.

My freezer was old, and my fridge about 8 years' old. And, between them, they were costing £1,200 a year to run!

Energy Companies have so many perfectly legal ways to charge us excessive amounts. They don't need to resort to "ripping you off"...
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Yuo can get a consumption plug that monitors individual appliances.

• Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    , next time you go away for a week or two just tell them you are moving , give them a date , then give final reading . turn off everything for the holiday , then never engage with any broker ever again , they will try 3 times maybe to get your attention then they will move on to easier meat
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    defo dont get a smart device , you should be protective of your data , its worth more than you think