You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Stack Builder Freerolls

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451
edited January 5 in Poker Chat

"Qualifying" starts today, Friday 5th January, with the first £10,000 Freeroll on Sunday week, 14th January.

More points = more chips, but you won't get any chips if you don't Opt-In...

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Not really much point, I don't think I've ever made 500 points in a week. Good promo for those who do though.
  • Options
    tosca21tosca21 Member Posts: 49
    Lucky to reach 100 points playing 6 hrs a day on 2p/4p even if I got 500 points no chance against players with no 10000 starting stack another one for the high rollers
  • Options
    edited January 7
    tosca21 said:

Lucky to reach 100 points playing 6 hrs a day on 2p/4p even if I got 500 points no chance against players with no 10000 starting stack another one for the high rollers

@tosca21

Not quite....

In the first Stack Builder last year - exactly a year ago today as it happens - these are the starting stacks of the Top 6;

"Well done for the excellent efforts by @MP33 @Bean81 @2Geronimo @NOSTRI & @aynaricol all of whom cashed & most of whom started with the minimum stack of 2,000."

Despite prize money going down to 30th, none of those who began with 10,000 cashed.

Source? Here you go;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/188120/who-won-what-sunday-8th-january-stayorgo-wins-stackbuilder-ramoerrr-takes-his-third-major/p1?new=1
  • Options
    Angela124Angela124 Member Posts: 71
    How can i find out how many points I have from Friday till the cut of date? (Starting Qualifying from a Monday would have been easier to keep track)
    Also what day does the qualifying period stop for that week?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :smile:
  • Options
    Angela124 said:

How can i find out how many points I have from Friday till the cut of date? (Starting Qualifying from a Monday would have been easier to keep track)
    Also what day does the qualifying period stop for that week?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :smile:

@Angela124

Hi.

I'll need to ask about that, bear with me please.

The qualifying period for the first Freeroll is Friday Jan 5th - Thurs Jan 11th. The dates of all the qualifying periods are on the Promo Page, here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/stack-builder

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    tosca21 said:

Always a chance. Just need a couple of early double ups.

That said, I think it would've been better if the minimum number of points to get a 2k start stack was lower, maybe 250?. As others have said, many won't have a chance of reaching 500 points per week. There needs to be a balance with making the promos inclusive to all whilst rewarding those who put in more volume and play higher stakes.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    There should be two groups. One for people that earn less points
  • Options
    danbrad029danbrad029 Member Posts: 14
    500 points is quite a stretch. Feels like playing every major should have given you enough points to enter.
  • Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 147
    edited January 11
    @Tikay10 did you find out if there is a way to track the points please?
    Even if it's a leaderboard of points that you post in this chat; very difficult to know where you are with the qualifying period not matching the weekly total.
  • Options

@Tikay10 did you find out if there is a way to track the points please?
    Even if it's a leaderboard of points that you post in this chat; very difficult to know where you are with the qualifying period not matching the weekly total.

@gogogadget

That's really awkward, on the face of it, but no, I did not.

I'll chat with the Office in the morning to see if there is a workaround, or maybe it'll have to be something for Sky to take into account if they run it again.

• Options
    tosca21 said:

@tosca21

The first of this year's Stack Builder Freerolls took place last night.

There were 195 runners, of which 30 were paid.

Of the 195 runners, three of them began with 10,000 chips, but none of them made the Top 30 & so none of them cashed.