You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Normal or not

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,802
So today i wanted marmite on toast with cress on top of that for breakfast. My girlfriend was freaked out and said marmite does not go with cress. I have often enjoyed marmite on toast with cress and she has seen this before so why this is weird now is odd. However she maintains this is very odd.

Is it is marmite on toast with cress weird or normal I would have thought it would be relatively normal marmite goes well with cress. although one would be challenged to find something marmite does not go well with. everything can be made better by adding marmite I guess the question is does other things take away from the marmite?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,319
    Bees make honey.
    Wasps make marmite.

Everything tastes worse with marmite ;)
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,539
    Have you ever seen or heard of any other being, be it ethereal, animal, multi-dimensional, or whatever, eating marmite with cress?

Exactly.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,428
    Marmite with cress.

Firstly are we talking cress or watercress, big difference there with size , flavour and texture.

Personally speaking, that's a good base for a decent sandwich if you then combine a protein with it such as sliced boiled eggs

Certainly from a nutritional perspective, there's nothing wrong and plenty that's good, you're hitting fibre, carbs, iron, amino acids, calcium and protein.

The marmite will also give you between 25 and 50 % of your daily thiamin, niacin and riboflavin requirement although beware of it's salt levels. A typical serving can deliver 15 - 20 % of your recommended daily salt intake.

Marmite also goes well with celery.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    There is a post where poker pro Charlie Carrell has exposed what will massively effect online poker. Non of you guys have had anything to offer on this perhaps, most alarming news ever on the subject of online poker.

But you have things to say about this.... this is the level of the sky poker forum members....
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,428
    TheWaddy said:

There is a post where poker pro Charlie Carrell has exposed what will massively effect online poker. Non of you guys have had anything to offer on this perhaps, most alarming news ever on the subject of online poker.

But you have things to say about this.... this is the level of the sky poker forum members....

This is for NON POKER RELATED TOPICS, read the banner you plank. Or is your understanding of English akin to your understanding of RNGs and probability.

Oh and the most alarming news regarding online poker occurred April 15th 2011, it probably passed you by as you were busy trolling the forums on 2+2 or suchlike.
  • Options
    edited January 12
    Im pretty sure Charlie Carrell could not grow a beard in 2011. I believe this was a vlog from 5 days ago. Slight discrepancy.

Is there a defence in posting comments on a subject of marmite and cress, but choosing not to on big breaking online poker news, just because its under a different subject title?

I was just saying theres comments on this but not on the biggest poker news in history... on a poker site.

Oh hang on let me just check im not on Marmiterecipes.com.... no.... no im def on Sky poker....

Yes Black Friday passed me by..... i have never mentioned this day ever on here have i!
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,632
    The Real reason for " Shoplifting"

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited January 11
    Is it normal to attention seek
    TheWaddy said:

You seem a little obsessed with Charlie Carrell.
    Normal or not?
  • Options
    Is attention seeking normal or not?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Is attention seeking normal or not?

I tend to be an attention seeker my girlfriend thinks its because I didnt get enough attention from my parents and treated badly by my family.

of course my family and girlfriend dont get along too well so she is not an unbiased source there. However I am aware I am not normal.

of course a sample of one means very little.
  • Options
    edited January 11
    A sample of one when it's your girlfriend means a lot
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

A sample of one when it's your girlfriend means a lot

i meant i am an attention seeker and I am not normal but that is a sample of one.

I wasnt referring to my girlfriend as a sample of one.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,632
    What is Normal ? How Abnormal are you ... 1-10 ten being Bonkers!
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,827
    “Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so.
    You're entirely Bonkers.
    But I will tell you a secret,
    All the best people are.”
    ― Alice in wonderland, Alice in Wonderland

• Options
    Jac35 said:

TheWaddy said:

Normal or not?
    Probably seems that way because I have been waiting 12yrs or so for a poker pro to disclose that they know that online poker is not what it seems ... and not worry about his own interests of what that may cost him in promotional earnings.

So hes a top, top guy. However, if i hear him shout 'letssss gooooo' one more time on Game of Gold, the tv just might get a boot thru the screen......
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,496
    edited January 12

However, if i hear him shout 'letssss gooooo' one more time on Game of Gold, the tv just might get a boot thru the screen.....@TheWaddy

I usually turn the TV off for a couple of hours, when I turn it on hes usually gone.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Jac35 said:

TheWaddy said:

Normal or not?
    Probably seems that way because I have been waiting 12yrs or so for a poker pro to disclose that they know that online poker is not what it seems ... and not worry about his own interests of what that may cost him in promotional earnings.

So hes a top, top guy. However, if i hear him shout 'letssss gooooo' one more time on Game of Gold, the tv just might get a boot thru the screen......
    I mean thats a bit disingenuous you have been implying something off about the RNG which is an entirely different claim to talking about bots. Gambling has been around since ancient times and so has cheating in gambling.

No one for sure knows how far spread botting or real time assistance is. I dont have any names to suggest and am not meaning to accuse anyone but it would not shock me to discover that there are some people using RNG or botting on sky poker. that is not to attack sky poker I would say that about literally any poker site that exists.

the question comes to extent and how bad it could get from where we are.

I will put it this way, If government legislation and botting/RNG was not a thing at all I would seriously be considering making a go of going full time pro poker player.

However with those risks been present it is seriously questionable whether online poker has more then ten years left.

However regardless of what people may or may not want to say about my ability as a poker player, the fact remains I am a profitable player. and I dont see why I should not make what profit I can from the game when I get the chance to play whilst I can still make that profit.