You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can we have sheriff satties like we have for the evening main events?

SwifteyyeuSwifteyyeu Member Posts: 38
Or satties for any of the bigger evening tourneys would be nice :)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321

Or satties for any of the bigger evening tourneys would be nice :)

@Swifteyyeu

Hi.

There are satellites every night to the Main, Mega, & on the 5 nights it runs, Sheriff.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
    he means proper sats not all ins @Tikay10
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Gotcha.

If satellites do NOT run it can only be because experience has shown that they repeatedly overlay. And bear in mind running satellites does not always result in more entries in the Target Comp, as many players game the system.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,717
    Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Gotcha.

If satellites do NOT run it can only be because experience has shown that they repeatedly overlay. And bear in mind running satellites does not always result in more entries in the Target Comp, as many players game the system.
    yeah that seems to be frowned upon I have done that before myself as have many regs. I think though that players will always do what they think is in their best interest within the confines of the rules.
    one suggestion I have made on more then one occasion is that instead of players taking the cash for a tournament if they have already bought in/registered is that they just get a ticket.

Eg if I bought into a £3 all in sat to the sheriff and registered for the sheriff and won that sat instead of getting £55 I would get a £55 tournament ticket instead then there is no incentive to try and game the system.

I played last night when it put me in because I could. however when if I see an overlay on those all in sats but know I probably dont have the time to play it that night am I so bad for just taking the cash/gaming the system as you put it?

a lot of the regular names on sky play sats for cash I dont think it works to criticize the players for that just change the system slightly.

• Options
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Gotcha.

yeah that seems to be frowned upon I have done that before myself as have many regs. I think though that players will always do what they think is in their best interest within the confines of the rules.
    one suggestion I have made on more then one occasion is that instead of players taking the cash for a tournament if they have already bought in/registered is that they just get a ticket.

Eg if I bought into a £3 all in sat to the sheriff and registered for the sheriff and won that sat instead of getting £55 I would get a £55 tournament ticket instead then there is no incentive to try and game the system.

I played last night when it put me in because I could. however when if I see an overlay on those all in sats but know I probably dont have the time to play it that night am I so bad for just taking the cash/gaming the system as you put it?

a lot of the regular names on sky play sats for cash I dont think it works to criticize the players for that just change the system slightly.

@Doubleme

To be clear, I never wrote, suggested, inferred or implied any criticism towards those who game the system.

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,717
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

@Spike4000

Gotcha.

@Doubleme

To be clear, I never wrote, suggested, inferred or implied any criticism towards those who game the system.

okay apologies then I think I took what you wrote the wrong way.
  • Options
    River_FoxRiver_Fox Member Posts: 119

@Swifteyyeu there used to be sheriff sats! and they used to do well. it was £12. and there were £2.60 feeder sats as well. it used to do well, very well actually.
  • Options
    podraicpodraic Member Posts: 8
    @Tikay10 any chance of adding some sheriff frenzys?
  • Options
    edited May 16
    @podraic

I'll pass that on Mr Podraic.