You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

min raise

tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

So often I see your experts criticise people for min raising. I have a BUT. I have been on many tables where players seem to click the autocall button and call everything you throw at them , in which case there seems no point in risking your chips with a big bet. Yes?

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited April 2010
    Hi tiercel

The problem I see is, if you min raise, you have more chance of a lot of callers, and therfore more chance of being outdrawn.
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited April 2010
    I agree with the outdrawn part...

However, Ive noticed recently that ALOT of the games Im playing in, more and more people are min raising a raise on the flop/turn.....I think it's a strong thing to do because it does look quite trapping and could let you find out how behind you actually are.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010

love that min raise under the gun which 9 times out of ten turns out to be aces lol

To the OP - If they have auto call on meaning they will call any bet then there is a better way to play that. Wait for a hand and jam it all in. Auto call would mean you get it in good against any random 2

Can't say i've seen many cases where auto call could be seen to have be used though? auto check/fold definatly but not auto call