You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

30 second timebank in tournaments?

Would be a great idea, maybe only for regular not turbo tournaments. Feel like I have barely any thinking time sometimes lol

Comments

• Options
    MMC70MMC70 Member Posts: 1
    Thats a potential 3 mins of hee haw happening per hand, with a few hundred roughly playing, would be soul destroying. i feel 15 is plenty and sometimes people get more time than that. 30 seconds in my wee opinion would drag games out far more longer than present.
  • Options
    KadoomKadoom Member Posts: 116
    By the look of your graph you dont need any thinking time, mines looks like a patient about to snuff it
  • Options
    sorry69sorry69 Member Posts: 7
    great idea. as you put 30 seconds per tournament. (not hand)
    sky poker is the only place I play that does not offer this!
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,190
    Timebanks ? A timebank I hear you ask, you'll be wanting antes next.

To be honest I feel that a 30 second bank per 5 levels is fine. I play on Stars and the timebank there rarely gets used unless its either close to the bubble or deep into the money where laddering is a tactic. Also as its only once every hour or so it doesn't really drag out games that much.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,629
    stars has a thing where you get x amount of time to make a decision and then use time bank but once time bank starts your using your tourney time bank allowance eg you may have 60 seconds of time bank then each hand you have 15 seconds and your timebank starts been used if you use say 10seconds of that then you only have 50 seconds to use in following hands etc when you used your whole time bank allowance it just auto folds you after 15 seconds.

I think that strikes the right balance between allowing people time to make tough decisions but not just take forever every hand. a lot of people wont play anymore if every hand takes 10 minutes because of this etc.