You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Edges daily fitness blog ( For inspiration, giggles and OMG)

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
Greetings guys and gals and here's hoping that 2024 finds you well.

So I have decided to post my workouts and suchlike for the simple reason that it's easy to do, it keeps me motivated and it should provide inspiration for all you aging muffin tops to think about your health and fitness. After all I'm 60, obese, unfit and prefer to spend hours on the sofa eating Pringles and watching Netflix.

So after nearly 7 weeks away from anything resembling a healthy lifestyle it's time to do something to redress the situation.

Mon 29. 01. 24 LEG SESSION

Warm Up, 3 min walk. 3 min cross-trainer

Leg Press, 2 sets of 8 reps. 2 sets of 6 reps. 2 sets of 4 reps - weight increase each set

Hack Squat, 2 sets of 8 reps. 2 sets of 6 reps - weight increase after 2nd set and 3rd set

Leg Extentions, 4 sets of 10 reps - weight increase each set

Leg Curls, 4 sets of 10 reps - weight increase each set

Hip Adduction, 4 sets of 8 reps - constant weight

Hip Abduction, 4 sets of 8 reps - constant weight

Wall Sits, 4 x 45 seconds - 2 with bodyweight 2 with a weight plate.

A steady rather than heavy session to ease back into gym life and it felt good to feel the muscles doing what they were designed to do. I kept my weights manageable so that at the end of each set I wasn't at failure and probably had another 3 reps in the bank.

Cardio day tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    Get a Dog. That will keep you fit.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Get a Lover even better if she's not a dog. !!
  • Options
    goldon said:

Rather have a good steak and a nice red wine. It lasts longer and you don't have to cuddle it after.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
    goldon said:

sexy vegan would disagree
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7518281/California-man-legally-changed-Sexy-Vegan-arrested-sexually-assaulting-dog.html

thats his name I certainly dont find him sexy but he legally changed his name so his name is now Sexy Vegan.
  • Options
    Evening all, so following yesterdays cardio session this morning was a chest and back affair working each set with progressive weight increases to failure.

CHEST.

Bench Press. 1 set of 12 reps (warm up), 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps, 2 sets of 4 reps.

Pec Dec. 2 sets of 12 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps.

Dumbell Flyes. 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets of 5 reps.

Diverging Chest Press. 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps

BACK.

Lateral Pulldowns. 4 sets of 10 reps.

Lateral Raises. 4 sets of 10 reps.

Seated Rows. 4 sets of 10 reps.

Upright Rows. 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps.

A really hard 90 minute session alternating with training partner and expecting to feel it somewhat in the morning. Tomorrow is another cardio day then I'll be back on Friday with that days arms and shoulders routine.

Until then.
  • Options
    Evening all, this morning saw a somewhat comical sight as I undertook an arms and shoulder session whilst suffering with really bad soreness in the chest.

Anyway, it went something like this.

ARMS

Dumbell Bicep Curls. 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps. constant weight throughout.

Hammer Curls. 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets 4 reps. constant weight throughout.

Preacher Curls. 2 sets of 8 reps, 2 sets of 6 reps. increasing weight each set.

Tricep Extentions. 3 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps. constant weight throughout.

Tricep Pushdowns. 4 sets of 10 reps. increased weight each set

Tricep Dips. 4 sets to failure. increased weight each set.

SHOULDERS

Dumbell Shoulder Press with Arnold Press Superset. 4 sets of 10 reps each excercise. 20% weight difference between the two presses with the lower applied to the Arnold Press.

Converging Shoulder Press. 2 sets of 10 reps, 2 sets of 8 reps. weight increased each set

Shoulder Raises. 3 sets of 10 reps. constant weight.

Shrugs. 4 sets of 10 reps constant weight.

Ok tomorrow is a rest day, which is as well, as I may have Tyrannosaurus arms in the morning. Sunday should be cardio but as it's my Sons birthday anything could happen.
    So back with Mondays resistance session at some point in time.

Remember, drink coffee, wear black, lift weight.