You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Happy New Year everyone. It is still cold so keep those fires burning, play the Orfy & win a prize

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,036
edited January 27 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, January Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on February 2nd 2024

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:January 5th- Winner: Boxster; League leader: Boxster

Week 2: January 12th- Winner: unregged player: League leader: Boxster

Week 3: January 19th- Winner: Angmar2626; League leader: Boxster

Week 4: January 26th- Winner: unregged player; League Winner: Boxster; Runner-up: ray01

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday February 2nd 2024
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday February 2nd 2024

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday February 2nd 2024

Comments

• Options
    Good morning and Happy New Year Orfy folk. I hope everyone enjoyed the celebrations and are all well.
    Congratulations to our final winners of 2023, @Angmar2626 & @THECHIMP, both will be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH. Wishing you both the very best of luck for tonight.
    A new year, a new month, so the journey begins again to win one of those elusive prizes (as well as a few quid on the way).
    @stokefc deserves a special mention for his exploits last year as he was our winningmost player, with two League wins plus another four second places, giving him a grand total of SIX prizes. Added to his six prizes, he turned three into cash as he finished, third, second then finally won the prizewinners tournament, not too shabby for a freebie in my humble opinion. Hopefully, there will be similar results for each and every one of our prizewinners going forward, also, not forgetting our two prizewinners for December. Anyway, good luck to everyone who plays tonight and that's enough drivel from me, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    danbrad029danbrad029 Member Posts: 14
    danbrad029 IND
  • Options
    Welcome to the Orfordable League @danbrad029. I shall add you to the list and you will be able to see where you are in the League when I post in the morning, good luck.
    Andy
  • Options
    edited January 8
    Good morning Orfy folk. A quick shout out to our prizewinners from December, @Angmar2626 & @THECHIMP, who both played in the 9.30pm £11 BH, finishing in 2nd and 11th respectively, well played guys.
    A good start to the New Year as there were 44 players taking the plunge last night, 21 of them being Orfy regged and, of those, 6 made the FT.
    Taking the first FT wooden spoon, in 10th place, of the year, @THEHERDEIE is a regular in these reports and he now sits in 5th place overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    After seven FT's (from 9) in the last two months, @THECHIMP continues his run good into the new year, by finishing in 9th place last night, leaving him in 4th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Playing his first Orfy since December Week 1, @ray01 finished in 5th place last night, which has left him in a podium position of 3rd overall, well played Ray.
    Finishing one place higher last night in 4th, @goldnballz was making his first FT since December Week 2, he is now 2nd overall, well played Keith.
    Making his first FT appearance since June Week 3, @wynne1938 took 2nd place last night , which leaves him is 2nd place overall, well played Wynne.
    The last time that @Boxster appeared in these reports was October Week 4, which, like this week, he won the tourney (and was October's League winner), he now sits atop the League, congratulations and well played Boxy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see everyone again next week.
    Here is the League table after January Week 1

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    Where is my result,I finished 2nd last night
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Sorry Wynne, do not know why your score didn't show but have amended the table (plus report) to show your result.
  • Options
    SidV79 said:

wynne1938 said:

Sorry Wynne, do not know why your score didn't show but have amended the table (plus report) to show your result.
    Thank you
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and keeping warm, especially with the snow and wind chill coming over the next week (according to the Met. Office).
    Last week we had 44 players, which is the best we have had in a while, let us hope that those numbers hold upfor an extended time. As this is Week 2 of 4, there is plenty of time to stake a claim on a prize this month Anyway, enough of this chit-chat, I wish you all the best of luck for tonight. Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 2 has been and gone in a proverbial flash.
    We had 40 starters last night, of which 18 are Orfy regged, and of those, 6 made the FT.
    A first Orfy of the month proved to be no obstacle to @Toffeeandy making his first FT also, finishing in 6th place, well played Andy.
    A first FT of the month saw @daggers747 finish one place higher in 5th last night, and after an eight place jump up the League, he sits in 5th overall, well played daggers.
    Also making his first FT of the month @diamondlee finished in 9th place last night, moving him up the League by four places into 4th overall, well played Lee.
    A newcomer to these waters @danbrad029 was making only his second Orfy appearance, yet still managed to be our highest placed last night in 2nd place, leaving him in 3rd overall after a climb of nine places, well played danbrad.
    A second FT for @ray01 with an 5th place finish last night, helped him make the move of two places upward into 2nd overall, well played Ray.
    Also making his 2nd FT of the month @Boxster finished in 7th place last night, consolidating his place at the top of the league, well played Boxy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after January Week 2

• Options
    edited January 20
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well (& keeping warm). Already we are on Week 3 but, as Angmar2626 proved last month, it is not how you start, rather it is how you finish the month. With two tournies left this month, everybody still has an excellent chance to take a prize, although with Boxy on a score of 8, it will be difficult to dislodge him from the top of the League.
    Good luck to all who play tonighht. Here is rge autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords in preparation for the awarding of prizes next week. We had 37 taking to the start line last night, 19 of whom are Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made it all the way to the FT.
    Making his first FT of the month, last months' overall winner, @Angmar2626 took his tally of wins to three in the last five weeks (inc. one week off), leaving him in 16th overall, congratulations and very well played.
    Also making his first FT of the month was November's overall winner, @bornablade who finished in 8th place, which sees him move up a solitary place to 13th overall, well played blade.
    As someone who is a regular in these reports @THECHIMP made his 2nd FT of the month , finishing in 7th place, which has moved him up the League by one place into 5th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Also making his 2nd FT appearance of the month @THEHERDEIE finished in 4th place last night, which has moved him up, by 8 places, into 4th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    A first FT of the month went to @fredsgirl, who took 2nd on the night and moved up the League by 6 places into 3rd overall, well played Paula.
    Last week's top two, @Boxster & @ray01 remain in their respective positions, as neither improved their score.
    Thank you to everyone who played, see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after January Week 3

• Options
    SidV79 said:

wynne1938 said:

Thank you
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 4 (of 4) so the two prizes will be awarded tonight, but who will be receiving them? The current incumbents @Boxster (on a score of 8) & @ray01 (13) have one hand on those prizes but, there are plenty of players in with a chance of usurping one, or both, of the top two. With that being said, I wish each and everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, here is the autoreg list;

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, we have our winners for January. There were 34 players taking a shot at the monthly finale, with 14 being Orfy regged, and of those, 4 made the FT.
    A second FT of the month for @daggers747 with a 9th place finish last night, moved him up the League by a single place into 7th overall, well played daggers.
    Making his third FT of the month, @THECHIMP took 4th place last night nad also climbed a single place into 4th overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    Making his second FT of the month, finishing in 2nd place last night, @diamondlee climbed 7 places to finish in third place overall, well played Lee.
    Another with a third FT of the month, @ray01 improved his total score to 10 after making his second 5th place finish this month, retaining his 2nd place overall by a single point from both diamondlee & THECHIMP, congratulations and well played Ray.
    Our Legue leader @Boxster could only manage a 13th place finish last night but had already done enough previously to become our first League Winner of 2024, congratulations & well played Boxy.
    Both @Boxster & @ray01 will be entered into next Friday nights' 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you to everyone who has played this month, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after January Week 4

• Options
    danbrad029danbrad029 Member Posts: 14
    Woah Woah Woah Woah.
    Can't believe we've cut out my 10th last night :D
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Hi @danbrad029 , sorry about that. I have no idea why your 10th place finish was not included on the League table because that does not make sense. I copy & paste the results into the spreadsheet, which automatically updates the League table with those scores. Once those scores are in I sort them into order using the Data (sort) tab, which in turn, sorts the scores into the correct position in the League, and that should have been the case with your 10th place last week (as it had done for the previous 3 weeks) but for reasons unknown that failed to happen, for which I apologise. You finished in 5th overall, after looking at the league table again. Well played on your FT (& 5th overall).
    Andy
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616

@ray01 @SidV79

Morning @ray01

"..... @ray01 will be entered into next Friday nights' 9.30pm £11 BH."

I'm afraid that due to technical difficulties you were not registered for that last Friday, 2nd February. I'll get you registered for it this Friday (9th February) though.

Apologies.
  • Options
    ray01ray01 Member Posts: 91
    @Tikay10 ok no problem cheers