You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

mtt

potty116potty116 Member Posts: 10
edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
why do they only pay top 5 in some torneys, when you can play for a couple of hours why dont they pay the 6 players that get to the final table, if only you get your bye in back for 6th place
any body have any thing to say about this

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    for instance played deepstack other day lasted 3 hours allthough I won this torney ,felt sorry for the guy that came 6th and didnt cash just not on
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited April 2010
    It's based on number of entrants not time played, if it gets over 50 (i think) then it goes to top 8 paid but under that it will not - if my figure is incorrect of 50 entrants im sure someone will post the right figure up but that 's the reason anyway
  • Options
    luvBWFCluvBWFC Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2010
    There will always be a bubble. If the 6th guy got paid, you feel sorry for the guy in 7th etc etc.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited April 2010
    You won, be happy !
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2010
    i think 50 is about right. and its not really skys fault as acesover8s says unfortuantly the deepstacks havnt been getting a huge number of runners lately i see what your saying tho ive bubbled plenty of times in this tournament after like 3 hours but trust, makes you play better next time you get to the bubble in them :)
  • Options
    Donut64Donut64 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited April 2010
    I see it as 3 hours of entertainment for a couple of quid that to me seems good value. My only regret finishing 6th is that I always want to win! Whether it be a MTT or even a DYM were I get no extra!
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited April 2010
    If you play to win and reach your goal you are guarenteed to cash no matter how many get paid.

Poker payouts are so top heavy that playing just to cash is a losing way of playing, Play for the win where 1st can be almost as much as double 2nd place.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    n Response to Re: mtt:
    If you play to win and reach your goal you are guarenteed to cash no matter how many get paid. Poker payouts are so top heavy that playing just to cash is a losing way of playing, Play for the win where 1st can be almost as much as double 2nd place.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    yes I do agree with u play to win but it was just a query on my pary ,thanks for input
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: mtt:
    It's based on number of entrants not time played, if it gets over 50 (i think) then it goes to top 8 paid but under that it will not - if my figure is incorrect of 50 entrants im sure someone will post the right figure up but that 's the reason anyway
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    thank for reply
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: mtt:
    In Response to Re: mtt : thank for reply
    Posted by potty116
    i totally agree the final table top6 should defo get paid. anjie x
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited April 2010
    1-5 players pays 1st only
    6-9 players pays 1st and 2nd
    10-29 players pays top 3
    30 - 49 players pays top 5
    50 - 69 pays top 8
    70 - 99 pays top 10
    100 - 199 pays top 20
    Then add 10 extra payouts for every extra 100 players

I know it looks bad that the 1st player out on the final table at sky gets nothing when there are less than 50 players, but almost every other site has 10 seater tables, and 99% of them use the same payout structure, it just looks worse on the 6 seater table format thats all.