You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

68 year old Barny Boatman wins EPT title & €1,287,800

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Utterly fabulous to see Barny win EPT Paris, & giving an absolute masterclass to the youngsters & GTO wizards.

Could not be more pleased for the old boy.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    There's still time then :)
    Well done Barney
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    That's brilliant, him and his brother where part of the original crowd that were the big names, certainly in the UK, when I first started watching poker.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Way to go BB! Bumped into him coming out of the Mens at the WSOP 2018, he was down to the final 2 tables of an event there too.....

He had his own caricature Avatar at Full Tilt poker back in the day, was always thrilled when joined my table in MTT's there.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    One of the good guys. I think he was one of the players on Late Night Poker, which was the thing that got me into the game.
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

One of the good guys. I think he was one of the players on Late Night Poker, which was the thing that got me into the game.

Yup, all 4 of them were as I recall - Joe, Barny, Ross & Ram.

Joe has fingers in all sorts of pies these days, including Betting Emporium, & racecourse betting pitches, Ross mainly sticks to acting now, Barny lives in Spain last I heard & still plays a good bit of poker at the higher stakes, and Ram sticks mostly to Sports Betting I believe.

4 guys who did so well for themselves ahead of & in the poker boom.

I remember when they got that huge PRIMA deal (maybe 2001, 2002, around that time?) we were all so envious of them.

I rarely get to see or speak to any of them these days, except Joe who has always been tremendously kind to me & generally looked after me.
  • Options
  • Options

Joe looking very smart.

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Thanks for the update on what they are all up to, Tikay. It's funny how anybody under 40 doesn't think about these four when they look up results on Hendon Mob. I read Vicky Coren's book a few years ago and the mob sounded like a great bunch of people.

I remember watching Ram and Joe play with my student mates on LNP. Devilfish was the main player we rooted for. It's a shame poker isn't on tv anymore, but it would certainly need these characters to make it interesting to watch and to encourage new players. As stupid as it sounds, you don't see the hand ranking being flashed up anymore when it was a regular occurrence on LNP.
  • Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 185
    Tikay10 said:

Bean81 said:

Yup, all 4 of them were as I recall - Joe, Barny, Ross & Ram.

Joe has fingers in all sorts of pies these days, including Betting Emporium, & racecourse betting pitches, Ross mainly sticks to acting now, Barny lives in Spain last I heard & still plays a good bit of poker at the higher stakes, and Ram sticks mostly to Sports Betting I believe.

4 guys who did so well for themselves ahead of & in the poker boom.

I remember when they got that huge PRIMA deal (maybe 2001, 2002, around that time?) we were all so envious of them.

I rarely get to see or speak to any of them these days, except Joe who has always been tremendously kind to me & generally looked after me.
    Can you recall a guy from Edinburgh called Brian 'Cowboy' Mcnally from that era? He always smoked fat cigars and played with a smile on his face. Brian wrote a small book on poker and always joked about the royalities he made from it

How To Play Poker and Win: The "Late Night Poker" Guide

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk › How-Play-Poker-Win-Night
    Buy How To Play Poker and Win: The "Late Night Poker" Guide 1st Channel 4 Books Edition by Brian McNally (ISBN: 9780752272191) from Amazon's Book Store.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    TheWaddy said:

Way to go BB! Bumped into him coming out of the Mens at the WSOP 2018, he was down to the final 2 tables of an event there too.....

He had his own caricature Avatar at Full Tilt poker back in the day, was always thrilled when joined my table in MTT's there.

Good old Barney joining the £1mtts
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Jac35 said:

TheWaddy said:

Good old Barney joining the £1mtts
    Twas a time where poker was played online.... thats poker, not all in or fold.....
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 175
    Could not have happened to a nicer person, have great memories of the mob from the Gutshot days, always had time for you and these chaps were seriously famous because of C4 LNP but always humble with fame. @Tikay10 @NChanning you MUST have some great stories to share