You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

could they replace us

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,579
we all know now that the human race is likely to go near extinct due to a nuclear war and this may be a good thing.

now you may raise an eyebrow when I say that. Well lets look at what we are how we are and what is desirable.

See I believe that in utilitarianism the greatest happiness of the greatest number I believe also that higher intelligence is more desirable so that life can appreciate the greater things of the universe and have more awareness.

unfortunately humans are not a net positive in this regard. I can go on about the rich elites would likely have everyone in destitution whilst they have more then they could ever use, and how once the masses have no utility to them they would cull us and how if they ever could get the technology to get to other star systems they would pillage the resources of other worlds and subdue and effectively enslave the entire planet for their infinite growth in a portfolio that has more then they could ever use.

However I can go even darker then that the sad truth is that whilst we may want to entertain that the rich elites are unlike the rest of us and everyone else is better I see it in every single educational institution I have ever been to and every single job every single social activity/club. there are politics and ruthless people willing to subdue and ruin others for their own gain and status and further this is mathematically in our DNA to the point where most of society if they were the rich elites would do the same.

I know if I gained power I would not but I cannot deny there are evil ruthless thoughts that occur to me I just dont let that person out and I realize I am not alone but what if I should have children? the seed of evil continues.

to say humans are evil though is oxy moronic compared to what?

the animal kingdom is ruthless and evolution appears to favour ruthless as does logic until one dives deeper and sees that unity is stronger but harder to achieve rarer.

and so perhaps that is the beauty of the universe the wrong civilizations are natural cleansed and moral civilizations whilst much rarer rise up and are the ones that survive and propagate.

our end is desirable morally just and inevitable.

Enjoy the ride

hopefully it will be Ravens not chimps that replace us. Though I would prefer Orangutans I don't fancy their chances.

Comments