You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is it rare to comeback from less then 1 big blind to win the sit n go

Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
With a full table of 6 players there?

Comments

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    Iv won a mtt from 0.2bb would rather use that luck on a acca at Cheltenham though
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    How close were you to not bothering to turn up to Day 2 @Tikay10?
    I bet you were glad you did though, a great result, have you ever been close to beating that, maybe in Vegas?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
    Enut said:

I bet you were glad you did though, a great result, have you ever been close to beating that, maybe in Vegas?

It was a 90 mile drive home so a 180 mile round trip, & I decided to swerve Day 2. For the last 15 minutes of Day 1 I'd been trying everything to get all my chips in but somehow still ended up in the BB on the last hand with fumes & I was pretty miffed that I got my first walk of the day. Of all the times to get a walk, ffs.

But..... then I realised there was another Comp the next day, so I thought I may as well make the return trip the next day. Turned out nice. ;)

Oddly enough, an almost identical scenario arose 3 weeks later up at Bolton, though for a lesser sum. I suppose it happened to me more than others because then - as now - I always tended to motor with a small stack, as I lacked (& still do) "flair". Very much a nitty grinder I'm afraid.

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=24338

• Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

It was a 90 mile drive home so a 180 mile round trip, & I decided to swerve Day 2. For the last 15 minutes of Day 1 I'd been trying everything to get all my chips in but somehow still ended up in the BB on the last hand with fumes & I was pretty miffed that I got my first walk of the day. Of all the times to get a walk, ffs.

But..... then I realised there was another Comp the next day, so I thought I may as well make the return trip the next day. Turned out nice. ;)

Oddly enough, an almost identical scenario arose 3 weeks later up at Bolton, though for a lesser sum. I suppose it happened to me more than others because then - as now - I always tended to motor with a small stack, as I lacked (& still do) "flair". Very much a nitty grinder I'm afraid.

Is it you in that link there? what place was it
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
    edited March 14

Tikay10 said:

Enut said:

Is it you in that link there? what place was it
    @Williams12

The first link was in Luton where I was 1st, the 2nd was in Bolton where I was 4th.